4.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Ad grants suspened account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am managing Ad grants account, just got approved last week.

We applied first time 9 months ago, got the initial approve. then last week we completed the rest, created the account, the campaign and the first ad with few keywords. Got the final approve, then after 2 days got suspended email with the reason of

Even we followed all the steps, of non educational ad, $2 max manual per click, $329 budget per day, and only run inside the WA state.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad grants suspened account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Mohamed B,
Did you receive an email regarding the suspension? If so, what was the reason given?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,

First let me congratulate you for being selected as Top Contributor to the AdWords Community!

The first ad was about interfaith in religion. The organization is about Muslims. Here is the email we got:

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners, or on Display Network placements.

If this is an error, we want to get your account back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Here's the account:

Customer ID:

To learn more about AdWords suspension policies, please visit
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2375414

This message was sent from a notification-only email address that doesn't accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you'd like to reach us, you can contact us through the methods described at http://adwords.google.com/support/

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is the alert I have inside the Adwords account. As this is the first time to get suspended, the reason will be the major violation, which we could not figure it out.

adwords suspended message.jpg

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Mohamed,
For a suspension such as this, you will want to speak with AdWords support.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

They will be able to guide you from there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I contacted them by email but they replied with the same above email. I called the Adwords team, they said they have no answer except to email the suspension team.

I just can not figure the major violation. Is advertising about Islam, religion or interfaith is prohibited in Ad grants?, as this is the only thing I can think of.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Mohamed,
There is a wide variety of religious organizations with a wide variety of faiths that participate in the Ad Grants program. While I can not begin to know why your AdWords account was suspended based on the information provided I can assure you that it had nothing to do with religion or faith.