5.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Ad grants keeps saying "Needs follow up"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A few days ago, I applied for an Ad Grants account, and after about 6 hours, I got an email saying there was a technical problem, so I should create a new account.

I created the new AdWords account, following this guide, and resubmitted. After a few hours, I checked on the status, and it said "Needs follow up", and said that I should have received an email with instructions. However, I didn't receive such an email. I submitted again.

The next morning, I checked on the status, and again, it said "Needs follow up". Again, no email. I contacted Adwords support by phone, and they instructed me to change my CPC from $1 to $2 and resubmit. I resubmitted again, and checked the status periodically the next few days. It seemed that solved the problem as the Nonprofit account said "Application Received" for the next 48 hours or so.

About an hour ago, I checked the Nonprofit account status, and it says "Needs follow up" again. Like before, I should have received an email, but none came. What can I do to once and for all be approved for ad grants?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel M
May 2016

Re: Ad grants keeps saying "Needs follow up"

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Daniel M

What was the exact verbiage of the email you first received saying there was a technical problem? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

(Note that initially I applied using an AdWords Express account, but on subsequent tries, I used a regular AdWords account)

Subject: AdWords Grants Enrollment Status: Action Required

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your AdWords Express account for review.

The account you submitted is affected by a technical issue and cannot be activated for Ad Grants. In order to become a Grantee, you'll need to create a new account and submit it for review. Please read the directions below:

***PLEASE NOTE: When you create a new AdWords/AdWords Express  account, you must choose a different email address than you used for your initial account.

1. Please create a new account, by following the relevant account creation guides below:

AdWords Express Account Creation Guide: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/6077396?hl=en&ref_topic=6077566&rd=1

2. Follow the submission process for your country and reapply here: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/46115 - Select your country in the drop-down menu and follow the directions. Once you submit your new AdWords Express account for review, our team will re-review it and send you a follow up email.

Sincerely,

The Google Ad Grants Team

-----------------------
Please note: This email acts as a notification only. Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the AdWords team here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206.

Application Information:
Charity ID: ##-#######
Organization: ################

I haven't received any emails since then other than those saying "Thank you for applying" and saying not to enter any payment info.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel M
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have submitted the form. Thank you!

Ad grants keeps saying "Needs follow up"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you ever find a solution?