AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Grants application support

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have signed up to the Google Ad Grants scheme and have been accepted. Every time we have put the application through for the actual Google Ad Grants account, we are told that we have a Google Ad grants account active already.

We have also been told by some of the support staff that we don't have one active, and should put through our application for one. Everytime we do, we seem to get the same message of having one already without any explanation of which one it is, if there is one at all. At the moment we haven't heard anything from the support staff for the past few days.

This is literally our first application for an Ad grants account, so we cannot see the reason why one would be active in the first place.

I am not sure if someone could shed some light on the issue, or if some other organisation(s) had a similar experience?

Thanks.

Norbert

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Grants application support

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Norbet,
Could you please tell me the URL of where you are applying and also the name of your organization and I will be glad to look into it.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert,

Thank you for offering to help.

Our organisation's name is: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Not sure if the url is helpful? It is basically the page where it says 'Google Ad Grants Enrollment. Before you enroll, your next step is to build your Google Ad Grants account. Creating a Google Ad Grants account can take you up to 2-4 hours etc.

Obviously we have been accepted for the first stage, which is the enrolment to the scheme, but not the actual AD Grants account.

I would much appreciate any help you may be able to offer us.

Thanks.

Norbert

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, in order to remove potentially sensitive information. This is done to protect privacy and account security.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Norbet,
Yes, this is very helpful (and you can feel free to remove the personally identifiable information now).

In the email you received, what was the reason given for the denial?

Looking at your website, I suspect it could have been an AdWords policy violation regarding popups.

Please see the policy here:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en&rd=1#026

Or, it could be that the AdWords account was not set up following the Account Creation Guidelines,

Once I know what the email said, I can better point you in the right direction. Rest assured though, we will get you on the right path.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your response. We have put through the application approx. 3 times, but we get the exact same response as per below:

Thank you for applying to the Google Ad Grants program and for submitting your AdWords account for review. While your organization has been approved, we cannot activate your account for the reasons below:

Your organization has an active Google Ad Grants account - In order to gain access to the already activated Ad Grants account, please locate the existing email and password to sign in. If you can't locate this information, contact us by filling out this form.

Thanks for your continued interest in the Google Ad Grants program. We hope this email helps you better understand the changes that need to be made in order to activate your account.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had asked everyone in the organisation if anyone has previously applied for an Ad Grants account, but I was told no-one has. The main non-profits application was put through quite a while back before I joined, but they hadn't pushed through for the second phase to actually get an Ad grants account. We were only accepted into the non-for profit scheme.

Also, when I was able to reach out to the Adwords support department, two members of staff on different occassions had confirmed that we don't have an active Google Ad grants account.

I am wondering if it is a mistaken identity perhaps? There are quite a few organisations with similar names to us in the UK. There is also a charity in New Zealand with the exact same name as ours. It is sort of a sister charity to ours, but we are not working together or in contact in anyway. Just thought I mention that.

Much appreciate your help so far.

Thanks.

Norbert

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,

I was away on holiday last week, and wondering whether you had any luck in finding out whether we do have an account or not?

Thanks.

Norbert