AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Grants Policy questions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My non-profit was just approved for AdGrants and I have some general questions. Do we have to spend all of the $10,000 a month, or can we spend less than that maximum amount? How do I add the other employees of my non-profit to the AdWords Express account so that they have access as well? Are there any other features that we do not have access to/account limitations besides the budget restrictions, CPC amounts, and text only ads? I tend to get confused reading the help pages for AdWords because I do not know if I can use some of the features that the pages discuss as an AdGrants user. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ad Grants Policy questions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Emily K

No, you do not have to spend the all of the $10,000 a month. In fact, most grantees do not - and it is perfectly OK. Google wants to help you achieve your mission so they are more concerned with how you are spending the allocated budget instead of if you are spending all of it. Think quality over quantity. With that said, well managed accounts with relevant keywords do perform better which can lead to increased spend the budget with higher conversions.

Using AdWords Express for your Ad Grants account, you are limited with the number of features you are able to use; this would be true even with a paid advertiser since standard AdWords provides more control than a AdWords Express account does. 

As a grantee, the limitations you mentioned above would really be the only ones you would face: max CPC of $2, daily budget of $329, text ads via search and no search partners.

Keep reading the AdWords help files, they will make you a better AdWords marketer which will help you to maximize your Ad Grants ad spend.

Changing ownership of AdWords Express account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

About 2 months ago, I applied for a Google Ad Grant for the non profit I work at and received it. I set up an AdWords Express account under my work email and have been running ads through that for the past 2 months. I also set up an Ad Manager account and gave access to the AdWords Express account I created to that manager account. This is how everyone else in my organization is able to log into the AdWords Express account - through the manager account. I am now leaving my organization, and my email address will be deleted out of their system. Will that in turn delete our AdWords Express account? If yes, how do I transfer ownership of that account to another email address?