Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Grant certifications regarding nondiscrimination

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We have helped many nonprofits leverage Google Ad Grants, however, I had a question arise from a faith-based Christian organization that wanted more clarity around the following Ad Grant requirement:

• "Acknowledge and agree to Google’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use." 
  • Is there a place I can  read this certification regarding nondiscrimination? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

We work with several faith-based organizations that have had great success from Ad Grants, and this organization who was concerned about this has actually been qualified for Ad Grants, however, they were just concerned that for some of their advanced programming you do need to be Christian and they didn't want to be flagged as discriminatory and in some crazy case potentially owe or have to pay back Google for the ad spend.

Thanks for any more clarity on this front.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cameron R
May 2016

Re: Ad Grant certifications regarding nondiscrimination

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cameron R

It is on the Google For Nonprofits application formGoogle For Nonprofits application form.

Essentially, the nonprofit has to certify 4 things:

1. My organization is a registered and recognized 501(c)(3) in the United States.
  2. My organization does not discriminate on any unlawful basis in either hiring/employment practices or in the administration of programs and services.
  3. My organization does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring/employment practices.
  4. My organization may receive this donation under its own policy and applicable laws and regulations; this donation will not negatively impact Google's current or future ability to do business with my organization; and this donation will not be used to corruptly influence any government official to obtain or retain business or any improper advantage.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cameron R
May 2016

Re: Ad Grant certifications regarding nondiscrimination

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cameron R

It is on the Google For Nonprofits application formGoogle For Nonprofits application form.

Essentially, the nonprofit has to certify 4 things:

1. My organization is a registered and recognized 501(c)(3) in the United States.
  2. My organization does not discriminate on any unlawful basis in either hiring/employment practices or in the administration of programs and services.
  3. My organization does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring/employment practices.
  4. My organization may receive this donation under its own policy and applicable laws and regulations; this donation will not negatively impact Google's current or future ability to do business with my organization; and this donation will not be used to corruptly influence any government official to obtain or retain business or any improper advantage.