4.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Grant Disapproved - Organization Not Within Guidelines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're approved for Google for Non Profits, but were told that our organization does not fall within our guidelines for AdWords Grants. However, I don't know why - we meet all the criteria. Perhaps it's because it's a Church-based organization, but it's the charity owned by the church, not the church itself. Is there any way to get more detail on exactly what the problem is? The on-line guidelines are too general, and we don't know what criteria we're not meeting.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community.

Since this is a public forum, we don't have access to personal accounts. Given the specifics of your query, we’d still recommend that you refer to any Grants related emails that you've received. Typically, these emails will provide you with detailed next steps to follow; however, if you’re having trouble, we'd suggest requesting for more information via this Help Center link.

Please keep in mind that if your application is rejected for charity status, it means that your organization does not meet the charity status requirements for acceptance into the Google Ad Grants program. If you're able to obtain the appropriate charity status in the future, please feel welcome to reapply at that point.

To reapply, please follow the steps located in this link.

If you need account specific help, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Spencer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately, that doesn't help much. The problem is that I think we meet all the criteria - I want to know how we can fix any problems, but the articles aren't much help. Also, the "contact us" is all about areas that don't apply. Do I have to start again from scratch? Seems it would be much better if I could find out where we ran afoul of your rules, and your email and help articles aren't much help when I think we've already met all the criteria.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One thing I have found is that there is a verification google form that is sent when you apply for the adwords grant. This will go to any email Google can find on the website. If you have any emails listed there check the inbox's for an email from the adwords grant team. If you don't see one try going to the online support chat and let them know you never received that Google form.