Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Grands account activation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I cannot activate the Ad Grands Account.

After completing all 3 out of 4 steps from Guide (Link:  https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1689506?hl=en&ref_topic=3500132 ), I have received a red notification, saying: “Your account is not active. To activate your account, introduce your billing information. Fix the problem. Learn more.”

I’ve asked the person responsible for my account on Google Adwords Support about this problem and told me to fill in the name of the non-profit and address, without the tax registration number. I’ve introduced the method of payment “Manual”, because I didn’t have to introduce the NGOs bank account.

Now I have a new message saying: “Your ads are not broadcast because your account is 0. Please make a payment. Fix the problem.”

What should I do next ?

Thank you very much.

PS: We are from Romania, we registered in Techsoup, we have Google Account, this would be the last step for the Ad Grands Account.

Olivian

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Romania T
January 2016

Re: Ad Grands account activation

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Romania T

Unfortunately, you missed a very important part of the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide and that is: 

• Ignore all alerts to add billing information

Once any billing information has been added to the account then the account is turned in to a regular paid AdWords account and cannot be used for Google Ad Grants. Due to this, I am afraid that you will have to start back over and create an account from scratch. The steps below will make it a bit easier to do so though.

Simply follow these steps and you should be fine:

1. Open the current account up in Google Editor and copy the campaigns.
  2. Create a new account shell to use with Ad Grants within the AdWords UI.
  3. Open the new account within Google Editor and then paste the old campaigns into it.
  4. Verify that everything has been set up within the guidelines outlined in the account creation guide.
  5. Reupload to the AdWords UI.
  6. Submit for review by enrolling in Google Ad Grants via the Google For Nonprofits portal.

If you run into further issues, please feel free to reach back out.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Romania T
January 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Romania T

Unfortunately, you missed a very important part of the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide and that is: 

• Ignore all alerts to add billing information

Once any billing information has been added to the account then the account is turned in to a regular paid AdWords account and cannot be used for Google Ad Grants. Due to this, I am afraid that you will have to start back over and create an account from scratch. The steps below will make it a bit easier to do so though.

Simply follow these steps and you should be fine:

1. Open the current account up in Google Editor and copy the campaigns.
  2. Create a new account shell to use with Ad Grants within the AdWords UI.
  3. Open the new account within Google Editor and then paste the old campaigns into it.
  4. Verify that everything has been set up within the guidelines outlined in the account creation guide.
  5. Reupload to the AdWords UI.
  6. Submit for review by enrolling in Google Ad Grants via the Google For Nonprofits portal.

If you run into further issues, please feel free to reach back out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I am logging into my Ad Grants for Non Profits account and it is telling me to update my billing info. We haven't updated the account in sometime. To start a Google For Non Profits Ad Campaign what must I do?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@dikson m

Please see my reply to the same question you posted in this thread here.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This solved thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.