AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Action required: Enroll in the Google for Nonprofits program to keep your Ad Grants account active

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I received this email from Google. Does anyone know if this applies to all Google Ad Grant accounts or just a few? 

Bio formatting.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Action required: Enroll in the Google for Nonprofits program to keep your Ad Grants account active

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Jason, 

Just by reading the message it appears that this applies to all people using Google Ad grants - at least in your country. 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jason,

Google has brought "Google ad grants" under "Google for nonprofits" which also includes G suite for non profits, YouTube nonprofit program, Google One Today and Google Earth Outreach. You can find more details and sign up here - https://www.google.com/nonprofits/

All existing ad grants accounts should apply to Google for non profit program. Follow the instructions in the link. As you already have ad grants account, mention that customer ID and the referral code in the form and you will be good to go.

Regards,

Jeenfer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I followed the instructions in the email, but got an error when submitting. this is the error 

This account cannot be enrolled due to the following:
Contains billing information
These are error(s) on the account and cannot be changed in your existing account. In order to become a Grantee, you'll need to create a new AdWords Express account using a different Google Account that doesn't already have an AdWords Express account. It is important that you follow the AdWords Express Account Creation Guide.

I don;t understand, do I really need to create a new account? Hope not! 

Who can help? 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not just me then.  I'm getting that as well even though we really don't have any billing information.  I'm reluctant to create a new account as that involves a new email address, linking to analytics again and then moving all of our ads across.  I will if I need to of course but at the moment I'm struggling to find an email contact to see what is going on.

Has anyone managed to find a way to contact the AdGrants team to discuss this?  All links seems to send you in circles

Richard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried to get in contact with the AdGrants team, but they do not seem to have a phone number. Via the chat an employee told me to post a topic here. I really don't want to create a new account.... 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also followed the instructions and got the same error. How do we avoid creating a new account?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Kiki V @Megan Y @Richard P and anyone else who has an EXISTING Ad Grants account that received the email stating that they needed to link their Ad Grnats account to a Google For Nonprofits account:

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Done - thank you for escalating this for us

Richard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks Robert - I have just submitted the form as I have been experiencing the same issue this morning. 

Hopefully you may be able to guide us on the best next steps to take.