4.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Account Not Active

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I get the following message when I log into Adwords: Your account isn't active - To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your billing information. Fix it | Learn More

I get this even though I'm in the AdGrants program.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Account Not Active

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

FYI, please note that your ads will start serving only once you finish the billing setup.

Example: Based on your payment mode which you are currently using, whether it might be an automatic payment or manual payment method. Enter your credit card or debit card details along with some of your personal details such as your Name, address, contact and Registered company details. 

Once you complete the above mandatory billing details your ads will start serving.

However, also please note that you will not be charged as you said that you have an AdGrants program.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sushma

Account Not Active

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Please have a look into the below:

New Google Ad Grantees

If are new to Google Ad Grants and you want to start using AdWords Express, you have to first apply to the Google for Non-Profits programme. Please follow the steps outlined below to get started:

Apply for the Google for Non-Profits programme. Visit your country's Ad Grants site to apply.
Once you have been accepted into the Google for Non-Profits programme, enrol in Ad Grants.
Create an account using the AdWords Express Account Creation Guide and submit your account for us to review and activate. We will notify you once it has been approved.

Existing Google Ad Grantees

If you have an existing AdWords Grants account and would like to start using AdWords Express, follow these steps:

With your AdWords Grants account login and password, sign in to the AdWords Express site.
Use the AdWords Express Account Creation Guide to help you create your first ad.
If you are using a different website domain from your existing Ad Grants account, please visit our Ad Grants website policy for more information and next steps.
Important: You must use your existing Ad Grants account login and password information to sign up for AdWords Express in order to take advantage of your Ad Grants budget. DO NOT submit any billing/credit card information, as you will be responsible for all costs incurred.

Your AdWords account and AdWords Express account will share the same $10,000 USD a month budget. As a result, make sure that you split your daily budgets accordingly between the two accounts.

Please refer to this for more insights: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/3316213?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=3500125

Thanks,

Sushma

Re: Account Not Active

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have been a google adwords beneficiary for about three years.  We have transferred out account to a non-profit (as we were listed as a charity before).  We have just noticed that our account is not active and our ads are not running.  What can we do?  I don't want to enter my credit card as I fear that we will be billed.

Thanks,

Mindy

Account Not Active

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mindy,

Yes, as you said you don't have to enter your credit card details and can simply ignore the alerts regarding billing setup.

Once you build your AdWords account and submit your AdWords Customer ID via the Google Ad Grants application, our team will review the account and activate it if it meets our guidelines. At this point, the billing alerts will disappear from your AdWords account.

please refer this link which will help you: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332176?hl=en&ref_topic=3500132

I hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Sushma

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November

Account Not Active

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Account Not Active

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

its shambolic mate, and you won't get help is your outside the USA.