2.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Accidentally Added Billing Info to Ad Grant Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently working for a Nonprofit organization who has added a billing option to their account.

I am now trying to find a way to clear the billing information so that they can use their Ad Grant.

Do I have to delete the Adwords account and reapply? What are my best options so that this organization can access their Ad Grant?

All the best,

Stefan

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Accidentally Added Billing Info to Ad Grant Account

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Stefang G

If you were able to add billing information to the account, then the account had not yet been submitted to Google for review and approval into the Ad Grants program.

Once an account has been created following the steps as outlined in the account creation guide, then you will need to take the following steps to complete enrollment. 

1. Sign in to your Google for Nonprofits account.
    Be sure to sign in using your Google for Nonprofits administrator account. This is the account that you used when you applied for Google for Nonprofits. It may be different than the account you use to access the product in which you’re enrolling.
  2. Click the ‘Sign up now’ button.
  3. Click the ‘Enroll’ button underneath Google Ad Grants.
  4. Confirm that your AdWords account is configured correctly.
    See Grants Account Creation Guide for instructions on setting up your AdWords account.
  5. Enter your AdWords customer ID in the form field and complete the form.
  6. Click ‘Enroll’.

After that, it will take about 24-48 hours and then you will receive an email stating your AdWords account is approved (or not) for Ad Grants and that your account is active or that changes need to be made to make it active.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If billing info has been added then, unfortunately, it cannot be used as an Ad Grants account. You will have to create a new account from scratch.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Stefang,

Once you added billing method. You cannot use that account for Google Grant. You will have to create a new account using another email address.

https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332176?hl=en

Robin.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think that my question is more so:

How do I create a new account and associate it with the organization's Ad Grants?
What are the basic steps to create and associate a new account to receive Ad Grants?

Thanks for your help guys,

Stefan

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am not sure how to create a new Adwords account so Google knows that this new account should receive an existing Ad Grant.

Is there a code I have to insert somewhere?

Does this new email have to be added as an Administrator to the Google Nonprofits account?

After reviewing the Guide to Creating an Ad Grants Account, Google doesn't mention a specific step to link the account to Ad Grant.

I just don't know how to link the new account to existing the ad grant.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Stefang G

If you were able to add billing information to the account, then the account had not yet been submitted to Google for review and approval into the Ad Grants program.

Once an account has been created following the steps as outlined in the account creation guide, then you will need to take the following steps to complete enrollment. 

1. Sign in to your Google for Nonprofits account.
    Be sure to sign in using your Google for Nonprofits administrator account. This is the account that you used when you applied for Google for Nonprofits. It may be different than the account you use to access the product in which you’re enrolling.
  2. Click the ‘Sign up now’ button.
  3. Click the ‘Enroll’ button underneath Google Ad Grants.
  4. Confirm that your AdWords account is configured correctly.
    See Grants Account Creation Guide for instructions on setting up your AdWords account.
  5. Enter your AdWords customer ID in the form field and complete the form.
  6. Click ‘Enroll’.

After that, it will take about 24-48 hours and then you will receive an email stating your AdWords account is approved (or not) for Ad Grants and that your account is active or that changes need to be made to make it active.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The trouble is:

• The Organization is already approved for the Google Ad Grant
  • A billing option has already been added (There is a physical  visa card that is associated with the email of the Adwords Account that Google approved the Ad Grant to.)

My Potential Considerations:

Can't I just create a new email, add that email as an administrator to the Nonprofit account, and then create an Adwords account with that new email?

I have a Google Ad Manager Account and I currently don't have any billing information associated with it. If I am an administrator on the organization's Google Nonprofits account, can I create an account that will be eligible for the Ad Grant?

Thanks for you help,

Stefan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Stefan,

I recently started working with a Nonprofit organization who also added a billing option to their account. How did you end up handling your situation? As of right now, I'm considering creating a  new email and adding that email as an administrator to the Nonprofit account so that I can create a new Adwords account with that new email. But from there I'm confused as to how I'm supposed to "disconnect" the old Ad Grant approval from the Google for Nonprofit account.. When I log into the Google for Nonprofits account I can't re-apply for the grant because it says It's already been approved. Any help/insight would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Best,

Blake

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Blake,

I know how much it sucks to be in that position. It's a weird glitch in the
Adwords system that you think they would've fixed by now.

So here's how I solved it..

1. Call Adwords tech support

Here's the link to the Adwords Support Conact:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206

Side note - Be prepared for some glitchy communication as the tech support
is outsourced from India.

2. Ask to speak to a manager

Once you get ahold of a tech support agent, ask to speak to a manager. It's
an issue only a manager can bypass.

( The tech support agents will probably think they know how to solve it but
trust me.. I wasted at least 6 hours and went through about 3 or 4 empty
promises before I asked for help from a manager.)

3. Clearly explain the issue & Don't expect them to resolve it on the first
try

Make sure you explain clearly what the issue is and get the manager's
direct contact information (phone number preferably) should you need to
reach out to him afterwords.

( There are multiple managers so it's best to retain the info of the person
you just talked to which saves you the trouble of explaining the issue all
over again and the different manager recommending a similar solution that
may not have previously worked.)

They are open from 9:00am to 8:00pm M-F.

Call as early as possible so you have time to see if the issue is
resolved.. because if you have to call back, there's no luck for you once
it hits 8 o'clock on the dot eastern time.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Stefan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you SO much for your response Stefan, you just saved my client and I a ton of time.

Best,

Blake