6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Accepted for AdGrants but need to reset my Adwords Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am accepted onto the Ad Grants programme.  However I am having trouble as I have previously used my account to pay for ads and need to reset.  I have spoken to a couple of support staff and they refer me to the original acceptance email and tell me to follow the link.  I cannot find this email and the process gets stuck at this point.  

Can I withdraw and re-apply in order to start afresh, or is it possible to continue in a different way?  I really want to get started on this!

Any help appreciated

Nick

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author tve i
March 2017

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Nick,

Thanks for posting to the Community.

If you have an AdWords account that already has payment information associated with it, we won't be able to activate it as a Google Ad Grants account. However, you're allowed to run both a paid AdWords account and a Google Ad Grants account at the same time. I'd suggest that you use the accounts for different strategies.

Please keep in mind that you'll still be responsible to pay for the paid account, whereas your Google Ad Grants account is available for free spend up to USD $10,000 a month.

To set up the Ad Grants account, please refer to this link. Also, please be certain to click on the blue "Get Started" button to appropriately begin the account creation process. This should resolve the issue you're encountering.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Spencer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks Spencer.  I have followed all of the instructions and set up my account as  required.  Is there anything else I need to do, or do I just need to wait until this is confirmed?  

Nick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wondered if there is anything else I need to complete?  My account is still asking for billing details and I can;t seem to access the AdWords Grants.  I would very much appreciate knowing what I need to do.  Many thanks.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Once your AdWords account is created, you still need to enroll in Ad Grants and submit your AdWords account for review.

• Sign in to your Google for Nonprofits account.
      Make sure to sign in using your Google for Nonprofits administrator account which is the account that you used when you first applied for Google for Nonprofits. It may be different than the account you used to create your Google Ad Grants account which you’re enrolling.
    • Click the ‘Sign up now’ button.
    • Click the ‘Enroll’ button beneath Google Ad Grants.
    • Confirm that your AdWords account is configured correctly
      If you followed the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide it should be but here is your chance to double check before submitting.
    • Enter the customer ID of the AdWords account you created in the form field and complete the form.
    • Click ‘Enroll’.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks Robert,  the non-profits screen says I am already enrolled so there is no Enrol button and no place to enter the customer ID Smiley Sad

http://tve.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/adwords.png