1.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Absolutely clueless about what to do.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Really, truly, embarrassingly. I don't get it.

I have a campaign that's been running for ages and I log in to see if there's anything I can do but get confused and end up just adding keywords like the little reminder in the top right tells me to do. Bear in mind, I've had this account for a few years now so you'd expect something would have sunk in.

I can hazard a good guess and say my use of adgrants is ineffective, not reaching maximum target audience/s and wasting the budget.  

But the lingo and what looks like the simplest guides make no sense and it ends up going in the 'too hard' basket. Smiley Sad  What can I do short of paying someone to fix it for me? i.e. wasting my non-profit's money which isn't going to get approval. (Wouldn't know where to find a fixer anyway!)

So; is there a textbook or something? LOL. "Adgrants for Dummies" or even a wizard or generator. Anything.

Help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Absolutely clueless about what to do.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There is certainly a lot to learn about AdWords to be able to manage it efficiently and the Ad Grant (Google's nonprofit version of AdWords) has unique challenges. However, there is no need to be intimidated by those challenges. Ad Grants operates off of the AdWords platform so understanding Google AdWords Best practices is key to top performance. Google has even packaged those best practices for you in the Google Best Practices Series.

If you need professional help, then there is a list of qualified agencies in the Google For Nonprofits Marketplace. Simply filter by product and select: AdWords to see a list of agencies that specialize in helping nonprofits with AdWords. (*disclosure - my agency is listed in there as well.) The agencies listed there all provide services to nonprofits at reduced rates.

Also, be sure that you log in on a regular basis. Ad Grants has an 'Active Account Management Policy' that requires you to:

• Sign in to review performance at least once a month
  • Make one or more changes to the account at least once every 90 days

When you need help just reach out here in the Help Forum.

Re: Absolutely clueless about what to do.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! Smiley Happy Sounds like I need to go back to the beginning instead of trying to work on the confusing shambles I have at the moment. Maybe it would be a good idea to at least research agencies just in case. Seems like such a waste to have a grant not used to it's full potential.