4.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

ADWords Conversion to AdGrants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have an existing AdWords account. Our non-profit has been granted a Google Ad Grant account.  Can I transfer the information over to the Ad Grant account or do I need to delete our current Ad Words Account and recreate one under the Ad Grant program?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@SEICommunications

As a grantee, you are allowed to have an Ad Grants account and a regular (paid) AdWords account running in tandem. I typically recommend that the paid account be used for display and remarketing campaigns. 

If you have search based campaigns currently created that you would like to use in your Ad Grants account, you may download the campaigns into AdWords Editor and then upload the campaigns into the Ad Grants account. Just be sure to follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide when creating the Ad Grants account and that you do not import any features from the paid campaign over that are not compatible with Ad Grants - otherwise, the account will be denied. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. This is a big help. Just to clarify do I need to open a different account for the Grant Ads. When I go through Google Ad Grants, if I use the email address associated with my current google Ad Words account, then I am directed to that account and it does not appear to allow me the option to open a separate (Google Grant) account using this same email address.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. This is a big help. Just to clarify do I need to open a different account for the Grant Ads. When I go through Google Ad Grants, if I use the email address associated with my current google Ad Words account, then I am directed to that account and it does not appear to allow me the option to open a separate (Google Grant) account using this same email address.