Guide Me
star_border

S2: Managing Hotel Listings on Google

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 2.57.15 PM.png

In this article we’re focused on Google My Business users who own hotel listings. We’ll be taking a look at star ratings, attributes, and amenities. We're also sharing a few FAQs that we hear in the community. 

Star ratings

Star ratings are given to businesses that provide lodging and other amenities such as meals, private bathrooms, and various accommodations.

If you’re a Google My Business user who represents a hotel or other type of accommodation, then you can contact Google regarding an incorrect or missing star rating. Google will research and assess the issue, and make any necessary changes.

Attributes

All Google My Business users have the option to add and edit factual attributes in their listings information to let customers know more about what they offer. For example, a hotel can show they are kid-friendly.

There are some subjective attributes that a business cannot control or edit, and these are things that rely on the opinions of Google users that have visited them.

How can I add a new attribute?

1. Go to the listing you’d like to manage by choosing the location in your dashboard
  2. Click ‘Info’ to be taken to the editing page
  3. Go to the ‘Attributes’ section and click the pencil icon

Tip! You can search for the attribute you want to add or you can scroll through all of the available options for your business.

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 5.05.36 PM.png

Amenities

Hotels can highlight a wide variety of premium services and luxuries available to their customers. Besides room and bed, hotel amenities may include things such as valet parking, or swimming pool. Amenities added will display on Maps and in Search.

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 5.07.35 PM.png

How can I add a new amenity?

Follow the same process as provided above for attributes.

Note: There are some amenities that you cannot edit. If you believe them to be incorrect, you can contact Google for help.

FAQ’s

Q: Should I have separate pages for the other services in my hotel (Restaurant, Spa, etc)?

A: While we only allow one business per location, we do allow independent establishments to have listings. It needs to be physically located within and completely independent of the hotel listing (i.e., have different phone numbers, hours, entrances, etc.).

Note: Only the business owner/an authorized representative should create a listing and manage it. Learn more in our guidelines.

Q: Can hotels use Posts on Google My Business?

A: Currently hotels are not able to use the Posts feature.

Q: Can hotels edit the ‘Hotel Details’ description that appears on the Knowledge Panel and Maps?

A: This description is not something business owners can edit themselves but you can contact Google to have it corrected if the information is incorrect.

Q: If I do not have a Hotel Details description for my hotel can I request one?

A: At the moment we don’t have a way to request a hotel description be added to a listing as they are determined by algorithms.

More info

Keep your eye on the Google My Business Community for our regularly updated, bite-size guides for business owners. You can also join the conversation on our social channels by sending us a message on Twitter or Facebook.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
1 Expert replyverified_user