star_border
Highlighted

S2: Appealing suspended accounts

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 2.57.15 PM.png

Google takes action on listings and user accounts that violate the content and conduct policies. For example, if you’re using a post office as your business address, your page could get suspended. Make sure you know the guidelines and follow them closely!

If a listing is taken down, it will no longer be publicly accessible and the owner/ managers won’t be able to take actions on its behalf. They can still make edits and appeal to be reinstated.

If the owner’s Google Account is taken down, then all listings owned by that user will also be unavailable. If the owner’s Google Account is reinstated, the listings will be reinstated as well.

Note: Sometimes it’s determined that the owner of the listing is violating policies even though the business is legitimate. In these cases the account will be suspended but the business will remain on maps to be claimed.

If a manager’s Google Account is taken down, the manager will be suspended on the listings that they manage, but the listings themselves will be unaffected. If the manager’s Google Account is reinstated, the manager will automatically regain managerial access to the listings.

How to appeal

Read the guidelines closely and see if you’re breaking any of the guidelines unintentionally. Make the corrections to your listing and then appeal to have your account reinstated.

Go to this Help Center page to start the process and appeal to be reinstated.

More info

Keep your eye on the Google My Business Community for our regularly updated, bite-size guides for business owners. You can also join the conversation on our social channels by sending us a message on Twitter or Facebook.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
1 Expert replyverified_user