The Export on Air webinar series provides insights on a variety of markets to inform your international expansion strategy. This month, Hong Kong was featured.
- 7.3M1 people reside in Hong Kong - they’re an internet savvy group, having one of the highest smartphone penetrations in the world.
- Hong Kong ranks #31 in consumer spend worldwide following the US and UAE.
Fun fact: Consumers spend 4 times more on apparel than consumers in the US.
- Top spoken/written languages2: Cantonese is the main language. English and Mandarin are secondary languages.
- Top products3 purchased from foreign retailers include Clothing & Fashion Accessories, Toys & Gifts, Personal Care & Beauty, and Travel Packages.
- Top outbound destinations4 for Hong Kong are led by Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand and the United States.
Watch Export on Air: Hong Kong to learn more, including retail and travel market insights, consumer insights, as well as branding and go-to market best practices.
1 eMarketer, Hong Kong stats, 2016
2 CIA World Factbook, 2011
3 KPGM, 2016, eMarketer, 2016
4 Google internal data, 2016