AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Will there be individual public profiles with the new Academy for Ads?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

With the transition from Google Partners profiles to Academy for Ads profiles, the ability to share your certification status with others through the individual public profile to demonstrate your expertise will not longer be available after January. Will there be any other way for the public to verify someone's individual certifications?

Thanks,

Karen L

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Karen,

There will be more information presented on the new system as time rolls forward... and before the end of January 2018 time when your current public profile stops working. Please know that Google understands the importance of this feature so I would not worry about their not being a way to share our credentials publicly. 

The information that is currently available for review can be found here

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's the current status of public profiles - what a shame:

Partners public profile and sharing your certification on LinkedIn

The individual public profile is no longer available. Anyone who has a link to your public profile will see a notification at the top saying that the profile is no longer available.

Currently, Academy for Ads doesn't support the ability to add your certification to LinkedIn. As a result, you need to sign in to your LinkedIn account and remove any references to your Partners certifications in the "Accomplishments" section of your LinkedIn profile. Note that the certification links no longer go to your Partners certification certificates.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Tobias,

I can relate to your disappointment. 

With the system migration completed on January 16, 2018, there is still work underway with some aspects. Please be patient and await further upgrades. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!
In February there is no solution for us.

Could you please return to the old system that works?

Academy for ads: Is so hard to show certificates?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Francisco,

No, the old system is not returning for anyone. The future is now and we all must embrace it. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any update on this, James?  It seems that there's still not a way to display badges publicly with the new interface.  

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello @Casey C,

I just wanted to jump in, I am sure @James_Clemens will add something too, the new system doenst have the option for public profiles, YET. What I suggest is use the feedback inside the sytem. It will go directly to the teams in charge of things and could help show the need to this put back in place. That's what I am doing on my end to hopefully help speed things up. 

Just wanted to give an outlet for this request. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Re: Will there be individual public profiles with the new Academy for Ads?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Casey,

As Spencer has provided, there is not a a option for public profiles just yet, however, I do know that the team has received much feedback on this and is aware of the need. There are still some logistics to work through before we will see them offered to us.

Until then, you have to use the images for each certification as your source. If you click on Edit Profile (in the upper right hand corner) you will arrive at the screen (below) and if you click on each certification it will open up to the actual certificate. From there you can save the images and use them at will. 

a-f-ads.jpg 

I do hope a better solution is presented for all of us soon.

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks James

I recon the worry (or anger) of the others.

I also took the exam of GAIQ and passed and now I am not able to get a live link to my cert.

I googled around all are old posts in Partner era and So I registered this forum and reach here...

Is Academy for Ads outsourced site to provide training and cert ? They need to improve to get us the live link to certification. I had Certified Google Cert in the past with Partner site and back then there was a live link for the certs we have... why not they do the same ?

Where can we give feedback directly to Google ?

Thanks