AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

When will AdWords Certification Exams reflect the Beta Layout

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, y'all,

Anyone know when the AdWords Certification exam will be updated to reflect the new Beta layout?

If the answer is, "shortly after the new layout is out of Beta," then my follow-up is, "how long before the new layout is out of Beta?"

Thanks in advance.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nat Finn
September

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

Spencer is spot on. Smiley Happy

There is much work underway regarding the entire infrastructure of the new (Beta) AdWords experience. We are not able to give a definitive timeline at this time, however it has been stated that the 'goal' is for all users across the globe to have access to the new AdWords experience by December 31, 2017. After that monumental task is completed, we will see, sometime in 2018, that the previous (classic) AdWords experience will be retired and access remove for all users. There is no known date or time when we will cross that threshold.  

As you may already know, some features are exclusive to the new and some of our most-loved features of the previous are not yet present... but are coming? You can use this information to see a comparison. And this information is the in-progress help files dedicated to the new AdWords experience. This info should be highly studied and put to use within any accounts with access to the new. All of the information will be updated and built up as time rolls forward... so check it every so often. 

Personal Opinion Only/not official: When I consider all of the above info, I am willing to "guesstimate" that there will be big changes to all of the AdWords infrastructure through the holidays and by the time I retake all of the exams (mine expire Feb-June 2018), I will be in new waters completely after a user of AdWords since 2002.

I currently spend 50% of the time in the new and 50% in the previous to bring myself to the new... and come testing time, I might sink... or I might swim! Smiley Happy 

I encourage everyone to spend some time in both and to prepare for the future of AdWords that is coming... which is sometime in 2018. Now is the best time to jump back and forth. Yes, we can go back and forth all we want for now, so give it a try and do some tasks and then when you need/want to, go back to the previous.  

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Howdy @Nat Finn,

Great question, I would assume they would update the tests after the launch is complete to ensure all the kinks are worked out prior to giving instruction on testing. Just my guess, I tried hard not to say "shortly after the new layout is out of Beta" Smiley Happy Its been a while since I tested, are there lots of questions around the look and feel of the interface?

What you can do is set up an alert around "New AdWords Interface" and get the most up to date info to your inbox as it comes available.

Just wanted try and help! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nat Finn
September

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

Spencer is spot on. Smiley Happy

There is much work underway regarding the entire infrastructure of the new (Beta) AdWords experience. We are not able to give a definitive timeline at this time, however it has been stated that the 'goal' is for all users across the globe to have access to the new AdWords experience by December 31, 2017. After that monumental task is completed, we will see, sometime in 2018, that the previous (classic) AdWords experience will be retired and access remove for all users. There is no known date or time when we will cross that threshold.  

As you may already know, some features are exclusive to the new and some of our most-loved features of the previous are not yet present... but are coming? You can use this information to see a comparison. And this information is the in-progress help files dedicated to the new AdWords experience. This info should be highly studied and put to use within any accounts with access to the new. All of the information will be updated and built up as time rolls forward... so check it every so often. 

Personal Opinion Only/not official: When I consider all of the above info, I am willing to "guesstimate" that there will be big changes to all of the AdWords infrastructure through the holidays and by the time I retake all of the exams (mine expire Feb-June 2018), I will be in new waters completely after a user of AdWords since 2002.

I currently spend 50% of the time in the new and 50% in the previous to bring myself to the new... and come testing time, I might sink... or I might swim! Smiley Happy 

I encourage everyone to spend some time in both and to prepare for the future of AdWords that is coming... which is sometime in 2018. Now is the best time to jump back and forth. Yes, we can go back and forth all we want for now, so give it a try and do some tasks and then when you need/want to, go back to the previous.  

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Excellent response @James_Clemens, thank you for jumping in with some great advice! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey @Nat Finn,

I just re-certified 4 exams in the past month (Display and Shopping left to do). There are NO questions on the new UI in them. 

As @Spencer_Wade and @James_Clemens mentioned, get your Google alerts set up and spend time working in the new UI and you'll have nothing to fear.

We've been working in the new UI for a few months now. It's just a prettier face on the good old Adwords back end, you know. No major differences in terms of functionality or what the stuff is named..

Frankly, we seem to be ways away from getting out Beta. Only moved out of Alpha what seems to be about a month ago or so.

Hope this helps,

-Julia

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yeah, this interface hopping back and forth in an MCC account is a bit nauseating at the moment. And that slate gray just makes the interface look dirty. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Nat,

I do understand.

Hopefully it's like the storm before the calm... and the sunshine will be bright soon. Smiley Happy

It's continues to get easier for me to work in the new AdWords experience the more I spend time in it. From your reply, I have submitted a request to add 'skins' so that the interface could be changed out for users. 

Cheers,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I was just thinking about that: giving it some theme options would be ideal. Especially a black-screen option to reduce all the white light. And update branding options like they do with G Suite Gmail accounts and the like. 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Nat,

I do like the idea... and will wait to see what the engineers think. Sometimes we get what we ask and other times we go eat pizza and call it a day. 

Cheers,

James