AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Suggestions & Feedback

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just passed the AdWords Fundamentals course..YAY!!  Does the community have any recommendations on the second course that I should take? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Suggestions & Feedback

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Inger E

Congrats. I think Search Advertising would be the next logical step. It expands on what you learned in Adwords Fundamentals.  

Suggestions & Feedback

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Inger,

It is great to hear you have taken and passed the Fundamentals exam. 

The next steps for you depends on your career course and needs. Some people are seeking to take them all and others only take the exams they are interested in or for the AdWords products they use in their career.

I know many that went from Fundamentals to Shopping and others that only took Display and never proceeded further. If your plan is to take them all... work through them one by one as you wish. David is correct with his logical thinking as Search is a great next step.

I actually went from Fundamentals to Shopping and then to Display and then to Search and then to Mobile and then to Video and then to Mobile Sites and then to Digital Sales. Oh, I think I did Analytics right after Fundamentals, actually. Wherever your talent or mindset is at... carry it onward!

Kind Regards,

James

Suggestions & Feedback

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think search and display network exams are quite useful and widely used!

Suggestions & Feedback

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

@James_Clemens

Excellent point, and most likely the best answer. Everyone has different skill sets, and areas they focus on. Shopping was actually the last thing I did, as it is my weakest area because I haven't had a proper ecommerce client in 5 years. Generating phone calls and form leads is my specialty, and the reason I am so search focused.

Suggestions & Feedback

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you David!  I will do the Search module next.  

Suggestions & Feedback

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks James!  I saw all the modules and became slightly overwhelmed :-(  I will do the Search module next and then go through the rest of them.  I thought I was pin-holed into selecting one and having to stick with it for the next year or so.  It's good to know I can take the rest as well.

Suggestions & Feedback

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!  I will do the Search and then Display modules next.  I'm curious about advertising w/in apps :-) also.

Suggestions & Feedback

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks David!  Search will be the next module :-)  James did make excellent points and it was helpful to know I can take the other modules as well!