Partners
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Signing up for Google Partners as an Individual, to Receive the Certifications | #AdWordsAnswers

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee
a

Hi Community Members,

My name is Rishi and I’m from the AdWords Team. Today I’ll be discussing the process of signing up for Google Partners as an individual, earning the certifications and accessing the study guides.

If you are an individual (not affiliated with any agency or don’t have a website or company name), here’s what you need to do to benefit from the Google Partners Program:

1. Go to the Google Partners website. Click on Join Google Partners, accept the Terms and Conditions and then click Sign Up.

2. Once you have signed up, you will reach a page that looks like the image below. You do not need to have a company or a website. In fact, you don't need to fill out these details to get the certifications.

Get Certified

1. Navigate to the Certifications tab on the left side of your Partners Account and select the exam you want to take.

2. If you click on AdWords, you will find the certification criteria and the different exams that are available. You can refer to the image below:

And that's it! Explore the options and get certified by taking and passing the exams.

Use the Study Guides

There are six official study resources in total:

1. AdWords Fundamentals
2. Search Advertising
3. Display Advertising
4. Video Advertising
5. Shopping Advertising
6. Mobile Advertising
7. Analytics

I hope that helps!

Feel free to comment below if you have any questions.

Rishi

2 Expert replyverified_user

Signing up for Google Partners as an Individual, to Receive the Certifications | #AdWordsAnswers

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Thanks, Rishi. Great comprehensive post. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have been researching on becoming an individual partner with Google, although as of now I am affiliated via Digital Vidya as I had taken up their digital marketing course.

My query to you is that, I wish to become an individual partner with Google, without any affiliations. I am worried that if I unaffiliate now, will I lose my progress? or would it be that I would not be able to access my account or anything that could go wrong?

Kindly let me know...

Thanks,

Amrita Sheth

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Amrita,

Thanks for your question here - hope you're doing well. 

So, there's no such thing as an 'individual partner.' Google Partners are Agencies and Companies that manage multiple AdWords Accounts and have demonstrated growth and success in these Accounts, while meeting other criteria, which are listed here - https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3126965?hl=en

Having said that, if you'd like to individually become a Google Partner, you'd need to have a company/agency that manages AdWords Accounts and meets the criteria.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any other doubts.