AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Academy for Ads and Partner Certifications

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,  I am confused because one of my exams on the Academy for Ads platform says that I took the exam on September 2017 and passed but it also says it expires on February 2018.  It is still showing as that I am certified even though the dates says the certification expires on Feb 2018.  Can you please explain what is going on?  Or is this one of the kinks that is still being worked out?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Yewande,

If the exam is for one of the AdWords products: Search, Display, Mobile, Video or Shopping.... the date is likely shortened because AdWords Fundamentals is expiring on Feb 2018. A product exam is validated by the Fundamentals exams as regardless of the earned date of a product exam, they cannot extend beyond the valid date of Fundamentals. 

In a situation like this, as soon as Fundamentals is passed and valid for another 12 months, Fundamentals will be good for 12 months from the date it is passed and any product certs will extend for the remainder of the their actual valid period. So, for example, if you pass Fundamentals today, Fundamentals would expire March 23, 2019 and your product exam that you passed on September 2017 would now be valid till Sept 2018. 

Always remember that AdWords Fundamentals is a core competency and no is becomes certified in Fundamentals. You become certified only in and for the AdWords products that you earn the certification for. If you only have AdWords Search and Fundamentals passed... you are officially certified in AdWords Search (not AdWords) for the period of your certification.

Please take a look at your Fundamentals exam and see what you discover.

Kind Regards,

James 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi James, 

Thanks for you answer, but in this case I just passed the Fundamentals again and now it says that I'm good until March 2019, but still stays it expires on Feb 2018.  See attached screen shots.  What now?Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 2.42.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-24 at 2.43.10 PM.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Yewande,

You are welcome. 

Please note that it will take the system 1-3 days for it to update now that your Fundamentals exam is passed. Let's wait till Monday evening and see what happens. 

Kind Regards,

James