AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Older still valid exams are not having their date updated updated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Over the last year I have passed all my exams. I've transferred everything to Academy for ads, this all went smoothly.

My fundamental exam was expiring, which means I would not be certified so Academy for ads showed all my ads expiring on the 22nd of February, which made sense. But.. I retook the fundamental exam yesterday, and passed this. This changed the date for my fundamental exam to 2019, but it did not update the exam dates of any of the other exams to their actual validity, it is still showing the 22nd of February 2018 on all of them, which is when my fundamentals was expiring but not the other exams. 

It appears to be pulling the date from the old partner profile, which of course did not update my fundamental validity. Does this mean I have to take all of the AdWords exams again before the 22nd simply because I took the fundamentals exam in Acedemy for ads and not in the old partner profile?

I'm not sure if my explanation makes sense, so I've included a copy of my exam statuses in Partners and AFA:

academyforads.JPGpartners.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Joyce,

No, you do not need to retake that exams as they are valid by proxy to the end of their 12 month period by the Fundamentals exam now being valid again. The system can take 3-5 days to catch up, but typically does in 1-3 days. If you do not see it update by then, please contact Academy for Ads support team so they can look at your account. 

Please let us know what happens next week. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply.

5 days have passed now and it hasn't updated. If it's still not showing in the morning I will use the link you've provided.

Thanks again