Partners
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Need help to get a client

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just recently passed the Adwords certificate fundamentals exam and join adword community. I dont know how to get clients and what I have to do now.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ayesha S
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ayesha S,

Congratulations on passing the AdWords Fundamentals exam. As it is named, it is a core test that is required in becoming certified in AdWords. You still have to pass another exam before you are certified, so you are only 50% along the journey. 

Things you need to do?

1) Pass one of five specialty AdWords tests (Mobile, Video, Search, Display, Shopping). 

2) Start a company, brand, service offering of some kind. Or market yourself as a contract worker to other agencies, brands, companies, etc. 

3) Actually use AdWords in some way. Being certified is great... now you need hands on experience with it to understand what you tested for. Most will want experience. 

4) Keep learning as this stuff changes monthly and tests only certify for 12 months, so none of this is anything to sit on for long. 

5) Read my article: Marketing Your Agency. This will give you a great primer in what you need to do to gain more possible exposure. Work will not find you... you have to find it by creating a net to catch it.

Aside from these ideas, stick around the Google Partners community and learn more.... share your thoughts, add value here while you build value in your skillset.

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ayesha S
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ayesha S,

Congratulations on passing the AdWords Fundamentals exam. As it is named, it is a core test that is required in becoming certified in AdWords. You still have to pass another exam before you are certified, so you are only 50% along the journey. 

Things you need to do?

1) Pass one of five specialty AdWords tests (Mobile, Video, Search, Display, Shopping). 

2) Start a company, brand, service offering of some kind. Or market yourself as a contract worker to other agencies, brands, companies, etc. 

3) Actually use AdWords in some way. Being certified is great... now you need hands on experience with it to understand what you tested for. Most will want experience. 

4) Keep learning as this stuff changes monthly and tests only certify for 12 months, so none of this is anything to sit on for long. 

5) Read my article: Marketing Your Agency. This will give you a great primer in what you need to do to gain more possible exposure. Work will not find you... you have to find it by creating a net to catch it.

Aside from these ideas, stick around the Google Partners community and learn more.... share your thoughts, add value here while you build value in your skillset.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply. I just passed specialty test of shopping.Can you explain me further where I should advertise myself as a contract worker and how?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Ayesha S,

You are very welcome. 

If you have passed AdWords Fundamentals and AdWords Shopping, you are officially a certified AdWords individual. 

A great place to market yourself would be on Linkedin. Create a really professional profile, add in any skills, training, schooling, strengths and abilities... stuff like that. Add a current, modern, proper image of yourself dressed professionally and basically present yourself in your best light. 

Companies today need people that care, do as they say they well, work with the client and company in mind. 

Possible wording to consider: I am a AdWords certified individual looking to work for companies and agencies seeking contract workers. I am courteous, professional and reliable. My certification is in AdWords Shopping, but my interests are with the entire Google AdWords platform.  

Now then, as you build yourself forward, you can decide if you want to market yourself as yourself or create a brand for yourself. You do not have to be a full company to have a brand name, logo and etc.. I consult with professionals locally and help them to go from them working under their personal name to creating a brand name, getting a post office box, doing a LLC. (Limited Liability Corporation) and actually becoming a one person company working from home. This is just an option. Plenty of people stay a one person system and do it all under their personal name. This is something to think on for down the road... not needed right now. 

Something you should do right away would be to create a AdWords Manager Account, which is how agencies manage multiple AdWords accounts for clients. You would then be ready to add any account to it, which will make you sound more professional. I see people do as you are and they will get a company to give them a account to manage as contract work and then they do not know how to access it and it causes a small mess and leaves the company feeling they are working with someone that is too new with AdWords. The AdWords Manager Account is the standard. Keep in mind that you need to create the AdWords Manger Account with a new email, not the one you are using for your tests, etc. That email account would also be used to create a company profile with Google Partners, if and when you decide to become a brand down the road. 

If you ever decide to become a badged Google Partner, you will have to have at least 12 months of account activity within a AdWords Manger Account and you will need a company profile with Google Partners. While neither of us can see the future, it is possible that life treats you really well and gives you lots of work and you excel with AdWords and decide to become a badged Google Partner. In this case, you will have this requirement covered. Your individual Google Partners account controls your tests & certs... and your company Google Partners account controls your users, badge requirements, etc. This is why you would possibly end up with two separate accounts at some point. 

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you again it was really helpful.