AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Linking my personal certifications with my company email

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I can't seem to link the certifications with my company email. I have added it under the new account but each time I try to verify the e-mail address it populates a message that says "You are not authorized for that action". 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brendan,

There seems to be a lot of technical issues with linking personal Academy for Ads to a company profile with Google Partners. Some people have had quick success by contacting Google AdWords support. Other people have no troubles at all. And a few seem to be climbing a mountain blindfolded and still have not. 

Have you visited Academy for Ads and added the company address to your personal Academy for Ads? Are you aware that the company email address needs to be the same one used with the Google Partner company profile -and- the admin of the Google Ads Manager Account (old name: My Client Center/MCC)? That seems to be the issue for many attempting and failing.  

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Thanks for your response. I have attempted to add the admin of the partner account as well as my personal work email (which has been added as an employee on the partner account) but the same error message is appearing. 

I have emailed Google Support and hopefully will hear from them soon. 

Thanks

Brendan 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Brendan,

You are very welcome and I hate to see you and others having this issue. Something that was so easy to do previously is now rather difficult for far too many. 

If needed, please call AdWords Support at 866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST) and have them access the account and assist you. This is toll-free number in the United States for worldwide support. You can also use this interactive web page that allows the country to be changed for a possible more local phone number. 

Please let us know what happens with your unique situation so we can better apply the end result to others. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey James,

Thanks again for your quick response. 

I have emailed them and hopefully will get this issue resolved as soon as possible. I'll endeavour to keep this thread updated with my progress. 

Thanks

Brendan