AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

I Just passed Adwords Exam before three days..but still no certificate in my profile?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I just finished Adwords certification on 6 Jan. 2018 and I got email from Google partner which that is  "Congratulations you passed the AdWords Fundamentals exam". But still I didn't get the certificate of Google Adwords while exam was completed on before three days. So please I just want to the update of my account quickly.

Regards

Scientific Web Solutions

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scientific W
January

I Just passed Adwords Exam before three days..but still no certificate in my profile?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Scientific W,

Did you take the test in the old system? Starting in January, exams and certifications will be moved to Academy for Ads, Google's online training program where you can learn about ads in one place. Manage transfer of exams and certifications. And to your question it can take up to 72 hours to populate. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scientific W
January

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Scientific W,

Did you take the test in the old system? Starting in January, exams and certifications will be moved to Academy for Ads, Google's online training program where you can learn about ads in one place. Manage transfer of exams and certifications. And to your question it can take up to 72 hours to populate. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

Along with Spencer's helpful info, I would like to add that...

AdWords Fundamentals does not provide any certifications or certificates. It is a core competency exam that must be finished by completing one more (or all) of the product exams (Search, Display, Mobile, Video, Shopping). 

You are not certified until one more exam is taken and passed. You can learn more here (be sure to zero down on the lower part of the page that says: How to stay certified). At this time, you are 50% along the journey to being certified in AdWords.

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Good Catch @James_Clemens... 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Smiley Happy I've already planned on the next course Smiley Happy 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would be nice if they actually allowed you to sit the next test. Got 100% on fundamentals. Still sittin garound twiddling thumbs being locked out of sitting any further exams - says I need to pass fundamentals. Profile says Ive already passed.. which of course I have. So whats the issue???

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Just seeing this side of the comment. How long has it been since taking the exam? Form memory it took up to 72 to fully populate in all systems. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Scott,

Yes, Spencer, that is how long it takes for my account, too. 

Further, the exams have never demanded any certain order to take them. Typically, the wording has meant that to be certified in the Adwords product (Display, Search, Mobile, etc.), Fundamentals needs to be passed since it is a core competency exam that validates those individual product exams... but you do not have to take Fundamentals first. I have never taken it first actually since I started with the most skills in Shopping many years ago and then acquired Search, Mobile, Display, Video... and each year I take them in a completely different order based on what I am the most involved in and feeling like deep thinking on the subject more. Just click on the exam you want and take it and proceed at any pace you want. You should not be held up from Fundamentals (other than being considered certified).

Kind Regards,

James  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No that is incorrect.

After pasing th fundamenatals eam I was locked out of all other exams. The webpage said I needed to pass fundamentals first (which I already had).

Eventually spoke to acadmey for ads for help. 

now get this - I kid you not... because my "profile" has a setting for English (UK) it was a different language to "the system" I assume academy for ads. So I had to change it to the sam language English.... I had to sign out of everything first and then completely resign in to AfAds profile and choose "English" as my language.

Certification popped up.

So English and Englisk (UK0 are different langauges in the system (which is bizzare enough) but you cant receive your certification unless your profile and (Im guessing) your google partners profile(?) have the same language. Its do @$%%&ing bizarre i feel silly speculating on it - bu that s the case.

Any why next step I passed the seacrh only exam. Still waiting 24hrs after the fact for it to appear in partners.. fully 2 weeks after I first started this process (which I I actually wrapped up the test parts in <2 hrs) and still waiting. 

got to be the most convoluted, unprofessional, amatuerish, bug filled, idiotic processes/schemes going round - for a a mega corporation like google this is beyond unacceptable. For cousin tony's dishwashing certificate it still wouldnt be acceptable.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the additional info. Since my last reply I did dig into the system and found that more changes were made, sadly, and you are completely correct on all fronts. Many of us are disappointed in the way this new system (Academy for Ads taking over on Jan 28, 2018) is handling certifications and Google Partners... and the feedback you are giving is in line with the feedback we have been pushing upstream. 

We truly want the old certificates back and our public URL's for verification. Yes we do! 

All the Best,

James