AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

How to link Adwords certification to upwork

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Upwork team is not able to verify my profile for adwords certification. Please tell me which link do I provide to them so they can view my public google partners profile ? Previously, I copied the link of 'my profile' and had sent it to them.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lalsayd M
December

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Lalsayd,

You are welcome. 

If you go to your Google Partners account (where you took the tests) and click on My Profile, there is a link that says share this/make public... and that is what is used to share and verify certification. However, Upwork states they do not always accept or show a certification and so the issue is with them. And to compound the issue, Google Partners is migrating to Academy for Ads in January and the public/share link for certification will no longer work. There will be a new method presented in January sometime but you will first need to visit your Google Partners 'My Profile" section and allow your certifications to be shared with Academy for Ads.  

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Are you a badged Google Partner or certified in AdWords? 

Also, please review this Upwork help file on their process for adding your AdWords certification to your profile with them. The process is on their end and you may need to further contact them since the issue is not a Google Partner or AdWords issue. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: How to link Adwords certification to upwork

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks James,

I am only adwords certified. Although I've read that thread before as well,
i still cannot find what I'm looking for. I'll try and ask them then.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lalsayd M
December

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Lalsayd,

You are welcome. 

If you go to your Google Partners account (where you took the tests) and click on My Profile, there is a link that says share this/make public... and that is what is used to share and verify certification. However, Upwork states they do not always accept or show a certification and so the issue is with them. And to compound the issue, Google Partners is migrating to Academy for Ads in January and the public/share link for certification will no longer work. There will be a new method presented in January sometime but you will first need to visit your Google Partners 'My Profile" section and allow your certifications to be shared with Academy for Ads.  

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Right i gather it now. I will follow your solution.

Thankyou for helping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings James,

I am having the same issue, and wondered if you've seen a solution from Google's Ad Academy on how to share new certifications (not created in Google Partners)?

Thank you,

John

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi John,

At this time, the only way to share your credentials is to save each certificate image and share that online, print it, etc.. Please note that the Google Partners team does understand the need and has received several requests for a better solution. Stay tuned for that to be presented sometime down the road. With the move to Academy for Ads finalized on January 16th, 2018... there is hard work still underway. 

Kind Regards,

James  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you James!

John