Partners
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

How many individuals have been certified by GAIQ across the world?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Just curious to know how many individuals have been certified by GAIQ across the world today. Are there any resources to check this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How many individuals have been certified by GAIQ across the world?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Alex,

I wanted to see if I could help out here. That would be cool if there was a way to see this, I have tried in the past to see other results, for example how many partners there are, which requires scrolling continuously on partner search until it stops. As far as GAIQ, I do not believe there is a way to see this but, I am sure you are one of a select group, not everyone does analytic's in their day job, so I assume there is a good amount but not as many as we would think.

So if I had to guess about GAIQ, IMHO, I would say there is about 20-40K individual people across the world who have taken this test.

If you find anything different report back with your findings....

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Spencer,
My question was actually triggered by a deck about GAIQ on slideshare, which indicates by 2014, there were 3,822 certified individuals in US, 1,109 in UK, 535 in Netherland, 526 in Canada, 458 in India, 458 in Japan, 312 in France, 288 in Australia, 258 in Germany, 217 in Sweden, 141 in Brazil, 129 in Belgium, 125 in Denmark, 123 in Taiwan, 118 in China, 117 in Italy, 116 in South Korea, 90 in South Arica, 84 in Singapore, 73 in Finland, 71 in Norway, 71 in Switzerland, 58 in New Zealand, 54 in Hong Kong, 26 in Malaysia, 26 in Philippines, 20 in Thailand, 10 in Vietnam and 9 in Saudi Arabia. According to the data in this deck, there were 9,444 certified individuals in these 29 countries.
However, when I try to search for the updated data for 2015 or 2016, it seems there is no resource providing such data.
You could find the desk thru the link below (the data above are shown on slide 42), but it is in Chinese.
http://www.slideshare.net/ssuser6ee44f/google-analytics-43345092

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Alex, Wow awesome breakdown, I was just throwing an average but thanks for the all the details, if 9444 where certified before 15-16, did the number go up or down, is the question. Now you have me wondering too, it would be nice to see a number to help validate those of have completed the test. Thanks again for filling the blanks on the years prior to 2015. What I will do is send feedback to the team about having a place to see statistics on Google Tests...

What do you think? Has the number gone up or down?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Spencer,
I would assume the actual total number of certified individuals was larger than 9,444 by 2014, since the chart only shows 29 coutries and we have 196 in the world Smiley Happy. Also, the desk does not provide the data source for these numbers, and that's why I am curious to know the source.
To your question, as far as I observed, the number should has expanded marginally as more digital/web analytics professionals have completed the test in recent years, but in the meanwhile some certified individuals did not retake the test after their certificate expried, and that will definately affect the growth.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Nailed it! That's what I was thinking for very new tester there is one who doeskin retest!

Got me wondering now!

thanks for digging in....

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

What a great topic. So glad I wandered in here.

The Google Partner website states there are over 5,000 badged Partners worldwide (2016), so we do have a figure of less than 6,000 badged Partners that is fixed. My guess would be closer to 5,000 since it would be advantageous to say over 5,500 badged partners.

And here is a little more info (2013 stats) on individuals certified (in all areas, including GA)... although I can't vouch for the source, lol. 

At the beginning of 2013, there were 19,778 AdWords certified individuals.
80% passed only one exam, while 7% (1,458 people) passed all 3 exams.
16,964 people passed the Search exam (78% passed only this).
5,100 people passed the Display exam (34% passed only this).
3,092 people passed the Reporting exam (29% passed only this).
Only 25.7% of AdWords pros are in the United States.
Other top countries are UK (7.5%), Germany (6.1%), Japan (3.9%).
8% also passed the Google Analytics Individually Qualified Exam.
0.8% also passed the Bing Ads Accredited Professionals Exam.
60 people passed the “Big 5″… all AdWords, Analytics & Bing.

Source: http://www.marketingterms.com/how-many-adwords-certified-individuals-are-there/

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Good stats, 2013 was when they were merging engage with partners so maybe those have increased. Thanks for digging in...