AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

How does an individual get Adwords certified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James, 

Thank you for your helpful response. The only issue I'm running into is when I opt to take the exam—before I can continue I'm still asked to register as a Google Partner. Is it okay to register as a Google Partner as an individual? Or does it have to be through a company/ad agency?

Thank you! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

How does an individual get Adwords certified

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tierney B,

You are very welcome.

Yes, you will register as a Google Partner. All individuals have to do so to use the resources (study materials, exams, completed certifications, etc.) as Google Partners maintains and controls all of this. This has nothing to do with a company, agency, organization. Anyone is the world that is certified in AdWords, Analytics or Site Design has become so through the Google Partners portal you are about to enter. 

To expand further, once you pass the required exams, you become a certified individual in AdWords or Analytics or in Mobile Sites (depending on your testing path). At this point, you are not a "Google Partner" but a member of the Google Partners Community (this community). The next path you could take is to start a agency that earns the accreditation of being a badged Google Partner agency.

Hope this Helps,

James