AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

How do i get Adwords certified?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do i get Adwords certified? I done the adwords Fundamentals and I got the adwords search certification. But how do I get a certificate that says adwords certified? Do I need to take all of the exams to get the certificate that says adwords certified? And how can I show it to people when I want to show I done it?

Thank you guys for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan B
March

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ryan,

Google AdWords does not provide any one exam to be considered "certified in Google AdWords." 

Google AdWords offers the following exams: Fundamentals, Search, Display, Mobile, Video, and Shopping. If you pass the Fundamentals exam only, you are not certified in anything. If you pass the Search exam only, you are not certified in anything. If you pass the Fundamentals exam and the Search exam, you are certified in AdWords Search and nothing more. You can learn more with this information. You have to pass each AdWords Products exam to be certified in that specific product.

Further, Google AdWords also offers a Digital Sales and Mobile Sites exam, that can be taken on their own without any other exams... which is the same for Google Analytics. 

All training and testing is now handled by our Academy for Ads platform. It is completely free to use, so please enjoy. This is also where your certificates will show up and you can save them to your computer and/or print and frame them. Sometime is the future the Academy for Ads will have a public profile link that can be used to share online... but it is not offered as of yet. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.   

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan B
March

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ryan,

Google AdWords does not provide any one exam to be considered "certified in Google AdWords." 

Google AdWords offers the following exams: Fundamentals, Search, Display, Mobile, Video, and Shopping. If you pass the Fundamentals exam only, you are not certified in anything. If you pass the Search exam only, you are not certified in anything. If you pass the Fundamentals exam and the Search exam, you are certified in AdWords Search and nothing more. You can learn more with this information. You have to pass each AdWords Products exam to be certified in that specific product.

Further, Google AdWords also offers a Digital Sales and Mobile Sites exam, that can be taken on their own without any other exams... which is the same for Google Analytics. 

All training and testing is now handled by our Academy for Ads platform. It is completely free to use, so please enjoy. This is also where your certificates will show up and you can save them to your computer and/or print and frame them. Sometime is the future the Academy for Ads will have a public profile link that can be used to share online... but it is not offered as of yet. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.   

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes starting from 2018, Google takes away "Professional" and "Certified" from the name of the certification.

This is quite sad...