Partners
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

HELP! I have a few questions about adding my agency to an existing Google Adwords Account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm working on my certification but, as a new business, attaining the monthly ad spend may take longer than expected. I have a client who has been runs their own AdWords campaign under their own Google ID. 

To get credit for the AdWords spend ($10,000 over 3 months), can my client just add me or my agency as an admin to their account / Google ID and have my agency still get the credit? This just seems like the easiest route.

If not, can I add my client's Google ID to my agency page without changing their current AdWords set up?

Would I then be able to give my client full access to run their Adwords account even though it is under my agency's account?

Also, how will this effect their Analytics? Will I need to set this up in the same way.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HELP! I have a few questions about adding my agency to an existing Google Adwords Account.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

From my knowledge your account will still have to have the spend for the 90 days so adding them to your MCC it still may take 90 days to actually populate. This is more of a question for Alex. I think the point of partners is doing the work so if you add them, help them be more successful. Lets see what others say! Good Luck! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Re: HELP! I have a few questions about adding my agency to an existing Google Adwords Account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We'll sure. I don't want them to continue to do the work. Eventually I will manage the entire campaign. If I'm understanding you correctly, whether I add them or they add me, it will be 90 days from that point, correct?

Thanks so much for your input. I appreciate it.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick L,

Congratulations on working towards your badged Google Partner status and with helping your clients become more successful online with their marketing. 

Spencer pretty much answered the question and I concur with him. To expand on that, yes, add their Adwords account to your MCC (now called Manager) and take over operations. Their spend amount will count towards your agency. I believe it will populate sooner than 90 days, although not 100% and will watch for a more precise answer so I can update my help database. Their spend history should be inherited to yours.

You will have access and so will your client. The only that would change the client access is if you went in to the account settings, under users and changed their role from admin to something less, which would change their account rights. If you do not change that, their role will not change by adding the account to your Manager.

When you add their Adwords to your MCC (Manager), you will be set... and it will not affect their Analytics or history. You will be able to go to your Analytics account and link their property to yours, if it does not populate. 

Hope this helps and please let us know how things go and if we can help further.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much. That's exactly what I was looking for. @James_Clemens, you are appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Very welcome, @Patrick L

Please let us know if you need further help with anything. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni
It is always nice to think about managing the Google grants account of a few nonprofits . Whether you charge them or not for your service whatever is spent from their monthly Google grant amount will count toward meeting your customer spend requirement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's a great idea. I'll look into that. Thanks.