AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Partnership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Forum!!

I bet this might be already discussed multiple times before, but I do have a couple questions as follows.

We're DSP in South Korea and I would like to get our company to become a certified Doubleclick AdX buyer as part of the Google Partner Program in order to deliver ads on the GDN. My understanding is that we must earn certification from Doubleclick 3 PAS for us to do so. (Plz feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

So I have waded through all the relevant help centers and ended up with a couple links as below.

- About AdWords Certificates: 

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3154326?hl=en&ref_topic=3203989

- About AdWords Certification exams: 

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3153810

However, these were about the AdWords certification, not Doubleclick 3 PAS.

Can someone assure me if these are what I've been looking for in order to get our company to become a certified Doubleclick AdX buyer?

Thanks in advance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick Gwanghwi J
September

Re: Google Partnership

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the Google Partners' community. 

If you want to be certified in AdWords, a badged Google Partner and a DoubleClick partner, I would say that the things you need to conquer would be as follows:

At this point, you will need to remain very active in these programs/platforms while maintaining a client base that yields strong results for them. You will need to build a grow a quality company that adheres to all of the above, consistently and continually.  

Please take your time reviewing the information and then let us know how things are going. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick Gwanghwi J
September

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the Google Partners' community. 

If you want to be certified in AdWords, a badged Google Partner and a DoubleClick partner, I would say that the things you need to conquer would be as follows:

At this point, you will need to remain very active in these programs/platforms while maintaining a client base that yields strong results for them. You will need to build a grow a quality company that adheres to all of the above, consistently and continually.  

Please take your time reviewing the information and then let us know how things are going. 

Kind Regards,

James

Google Partnership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much James.

I will take my time to look into the links above and get back to you if any questions come up.

Warm regards,

Patrick Gwanghwi Jo

Google Partnership

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Now I understand that I have to pass the Advertising Fundamentals Exam and Advanced Search Exam(or Advanced Display Exam) to get certified in Adwords first. After then, I have to earn the Google Partner badge to be a badged Google Partner in order to be a Doubleclick Partner ultimately.

I'm trying to get the full picture and estimate time for the whole process before I begin and a couple questions still remain as follows.

Let's say I pass the AdWords tests and become certified in Adwords. After that, What is it that takes for my company to become a Doubleclick Partner? I entered into the last link(Become a Doubleclick Partner) you posted above to get the answer but it didn't really specify its process or how to do.

Please respond to me.

P.S.) I just came across this while reviewing the links you gave me. 

Does this involve in the certification process one way or another?

Obtaining a seat on AdX.JPG

Regards,

Patrick Gwanghwi Jo

Google Partnership

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Patrick,

You are very welcome. 

The information I provided is mostly focused on 1) becoming a certified AdWords professional 2) becoming a badged Google Partner and 3) becoming certified in DoubleClick... and, of course, being well-versed in all of these systems. 

By doing these tasks, you become a Google Partner and hopefully get assigned an account manager... then you could request to them to become a DoubleClick Ad Exchange buyer. This is an "by invitation only" program or one that has a well-established relationship as a professional in AdWords can request through their account manager. Please review this information that is dedicated to the DoubleClick Ad Exchange Buyer program. You should also become well-versed in this information and also in this information, too. 

I would add that what you are seeking is not easily obtained and you will need to set a goal of conquering it over a course of months. You are interacting with many layers of Google products and services and what we are focused on here in the Google Partners community is the Google Partners platform, which covers professional AdWords advertising agencies (and individuals in the industry). 

In reply to your P.S., yes, you should fill out the new account form, which should get you more answers to some of your questions and more questions that need answers. My information is merely meant to get you a good start in the journey so that you can grow your overall understanding and knowledge. My agency looked at doing all of this months ago and walked away from it as the complexity and end result did not fit our business model. 

Kind Regards,

James

Google Partnership

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Shame that Google partnership thing didn't work out for your agency, and I really appreciate your detailed and informative answer above. It's been extremely helpful and now I see where and what to start first.

This might be the last question I would ask.

Is it the same thing that becoming a certified Doubleclick AdX buyer and becoming Google AdX Certified External Vendor?

What I initially wanted was to put our company on the Ad Exchange Certified External Vendor List(https://developers.google.com/third-party-ads/adx-vendors?visit_id=1-636415528002934366-2250867708) as a DSP company in order to run on Google Display Network inventory via the Doubleclick Ad Exchange.

However, I was just informed by you about Adwords, and Badge for Google Partner things and now I am a bit confused whether or not being certified in Adwords, badged Google Partner to be certified in Doubleclick is the same thing as becoming the Ad Exchange Certified External Vendor.

Would you please confirm this for me?

P.S.) I tried to ask this kind of question regarding 3PAS certification or Ad Exchange Certified External Vendor in "https://support.google.com/3pascertification#topic=3064083" , but it doesn't have any Contact Us or Online Inquiry Menu. Where do you think I am supposed to go to ask this?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Patrick Gwanghwi Jo

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick Gwanghwi J,

You are very welcome. To expand on my previous reply about my agency, we are a badged Google Partner, Google GYBO official partner, Google GSuites partner, and more... plus, I am a AdWords Top Contributor and fully certified in AdWords, Analytics and Mobile Sites. So, we are very well covered and supported by Google, but after starting the Ad Exchange process that you are wanting I simply decided it was not a good fit for our current business model. We might revisit it down the road but we are quite pleased with everything at the moment. Each program track takes dedication, resources and a drive/desire to power it. Whatever we tackle, we do so to 110% or we leave it alone. Smiley Happy

Back to your unique journey... 

With your end result in mind, there is no precise way or checklist to complete, unfortunately. The program is by invite only and a company must get on the radar of Google to be invited. This is where we have to rewind to previous replies and take in all of the info presented.

And we take from the previous resources this info:

DoubleClick Ad Exchange is a real-time marketplace that helps buyers, such as ad networks, agency holding companies, and demand-side platforms maximize return on investment (ROI) across millions of seller sites.

Buyers can increase ROI through targeting, defined bids, defined budgets and frequency caps on inventory purchases. A real-time bidding system can enable buyers to leverage their proprietary data (for example, user data) and bidding technology for even more control over media spend.

The sell side of DoubleClick Ad Exchange is for sellers to provide supply and the buy side is for buyers to provide demand.

See more details about the auction model to learn how ads are selected and how winning bids are determined.

As it states, there are buyers and sellers within the system.  Now we need to review the info below, which defines the role of a DSP, which is what you state is your ideal business goal:

Buyers who act as an ad network, trading desk, or demand-side platform can buy on Ad Exchange. These companies must buy on behalf of multiple advertisers.

The most common buyers:

• Ad networks: companies that aggregate publisher ad space and sell it to advertisers opting to advertise in the space.
  • Trading desks: divisions at agency holding companies that execute exchange buys for all the company’s agencies.
  • Demand-side platforms (DSP): platforms that make buying across multiple exchanges easier and more transparent. Using sophisticated targeting capabilities and optimization algorithms, DSPs help advertisers and agencies to determine a value of an incoming impression and to place a bid in order to win that impression.

Buyers on Ad Exchange can buy inventory for advertisers through real-time bidding or static buying.

Okay. With all of that covered, we can review this:

We conduct a thorough certification process to ensure that ad networks meet Google's requirements for third-party ad serving with regard to user privacy, accuracy of measurement, latency, and compliance with our creative policies. At this time, we're focusing on our partners and vendors that have been specifically requested by our publishers.

And that info brings us back to seeing that you have to first build your company and make it a relevant player to be brought into the game. This now goes back to my previous replies which discusses the need for you to get well-versed and fully certified, master advertising polices, become a badged Google Partner, and essentially being an expert in DoubleClick, AdWords and the amazing digital advertising world of Google. 

This is pretty much all that I can really provide, which I know is still not all that you want/need. It's just that some systems within Google are not open for 'general entry' and/or there is a steep mountain to climb before a knock on the door can happen. You just happen to find one of those mountains and you want to climb it, which I certainly admire. 

I hope this further helps you in your unique journey.