AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4K members online now
4K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Partnership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey forum,

I am certain this is answered multiple times before, but I have a couple of questions regarding my business becoming a Google Partner.

I am taking my exam again now as my certification as a community partner just ran out, but I have passed before and will again hopefully.

But we just landed 3 new AdWords customers in my company, and they are well-paying. I am pretty sure within a month we will have reached the 10.000 dollar in 90 days-goal.

But how can I know for sure if we have hit the threshold? Will I receive a mail or any kind of information regarding this? Can I somehow track my entire MCC's spend for the last x months?

Is there anything else I should be wary of, do I need to make contact with Google somehow to "certify" that we are indeed the company in question, or i.e. how can future spend/exams running out affect our badge?

Thank you so much in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Spencer_Wade (Top Contributor)
August

Google Partnership

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

@Eirik B

You can track your Google Partners Badge progress on google.com/partners

Also Beside Certification and $10,000 in last 90 days Spend is not everything - there are two more rules you have to achieve

1) Ads under your MCC must be active atleast for 12 months out of 18 months (last 18 months)

2) Best Performance - How Campaigns being managed is also thing to be considered.

For more information you can check this link

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Spencer_Wade (Top Contributor)
August

Google Partnership

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

@Eirik B

You can track your Google Partners Badge progress on google.com/partners

Also Beside Certification and $10,000 in last 90 days Spend is not everything - there are two more rules you have to achieve

1) Ads under your MCC must be active atleast for 12 months out of 18 months (last 18 months)

2) Best Performance - How Campaigns being managed is also thing to be considered.

For more information you can check this link

Google Partnership

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Nailed it @Zippinderpal S, the time frame is the one to watch for.  

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Google Partnership

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Eirik B,

Along with the info provided by Zippinderpal, I would add that...

Until you become an official badged Google Partner, tracking in the Google Partners portal may or may not update.

However, you can tracking it in your AdWords Manager Account (old name: My Client Center/MCC). Simply change the date field to custom, set it for three months previous and look at the spend column. Keep in mind that this will track it to the day but that the Google Partners system will track it a few weeks behind. You will not earn the badging at the instant you cross the guidelines finish line, as it's not a race that ends... but one that remains constant and forever, or as long as you wish to maintain the badged status.

In the end, it's about excelling beyond the guidelines and then reaching farther and farther, forever. 

Kind Regards,

James

Google Partnership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for your insight, according to my partner status page (which is EXACTLY what I was looking for) we are well under the spend-limit for now, but performance seems to be good and checked off, and I obviously need to certify myself again. Hopefully this means we are well on our way!

Again, thank you!

Google Partnership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey James,

That makes perfect sense. We are hopeful we will keep growing, and getting the badge will only add to the chances. Crossing the line will not have us looking back!

Thank you for your reply!

Google Partnership

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Eirik,

You are very welcome. 

You have the right attitude and you are well on your way. Keep up the hard work, sir! Smiley Happy

Cheers,

James