Partners
2K members online now
2K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Display Advertising Exam stopped working

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone,

After running everything smoothly, Google Adwords Display Advertising Exam stopped working at 75%. I have still 45 min left!!! WHAT TO DOOOOOOO...

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Ah snap just catching up here... Based on the time-stamp, I missed ya.. Sorry about this... I am reporting the issues now. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks @Spencer_Wade

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

My team spent some time tonight trying out various things and found that we could only make the tests work correctly, from start to finish, by using 32-bit Firefox web browser completely stripped (no add-ons) and with history clean (nothing in cache). 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@James_Clemens,

Thats a relief! But that's not a sustainable solution. I have checked on chrome this after certain time, the exam api fails to authenticate with the account and it just stops working. I think, there should be some permanent solution. Who knows, when it will have same issue on 32bit as well Smiley Tongue

I have finished all my exams except Search and Display. So, at the 76th question, it got stuck permanently. But before that also, it was bothering me from 53rd q. So, i had to refresh, wait log out log in and i moved it forward to 76. Smiley Sad Frustration is overloaded

Best,

Avijit 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Avijit Roy,

I understand and do not expect this to be the permanent solution.

However, my team spent a few hours testing all browsers and various other variables and found a workaround that worked... and it is our hope that it helps others, even one person, have a workable solution while the AdWords team figures out the cause of this bug.

I also understand your frustration... since nothing can bring back the lost test mid-stream. It is lost and the test cannot be resumed, score cannot be credited, etc..

Cheers,

James 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @James_Clemens,

I understand. Thank you for the workaround. Will try that tomorrow for sure on Search Exam. As I can not retake display for another week.

(Y)

Best,

Avijit