AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords certificate not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

i have passed google adwords fundamental on June 24th and mobile certification on June 29th. In my academy for ads profile I can see two individual certificates which says I have passed but still can’t see AdWords certification. Suggest please.

thanks

suman

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Suman,

Congratulations on passing the Fundamentals and Mobile tests. 

The two certificates you see is all that will be presented. There is no single certificate that states you are AdWords certified. AdWords is a very dynamic and comprehensive advertising platform that encompasses Search, Display, Mobile, Video and Shopping with Fundamentals being the core competency qualifier that validates the individual exams. Simply taking and passing Fundamentals + Mobile makes you a certified Google Ads Mobile Advertising individual, which is what you are able to say and present. You are not certified in AdWords entirely and cannot state that you are. You would need to take all of the exams and pass them all and then you would be able to state that you are certified in all of the individual AdWords advertising components.

Kind Regards,

James    

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your quick reply James.

While going through https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3154326?hl=en

I understood that to be google adwords certified one needs to pass fundamental plus one core exam and then only one can earn adwords certification. Please put some more light.

Thanks 

Warm regards

suman

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Suman,

You are welcome. 

Yes, I am quite familiar with the link you provided. And as it says to earn and maintain Google Partner status, at least one person in the agency must pass Fundamentals and at least one other AdWords product exam. When this is completed, that person is certified in that one other AdWords product. It does not mean pick and choose one product exam to be certified in all of the products or to be given a certification stating you are AdWords Certified. If you pass the AdWords product, Mobile, along with Fundamentals, you are certified in AdWords Mobile Ads, nothing more. 

The reason why there are many product exams is that they are cover various aspects of AdWords. They are each unique and challenging in their own rights. A Google Partner, once they earn that title and are presented with the badge, must have a people certified in each AdWords product to earn the specialization designation for it. If you are only Mobile certified but meet the other requirements for the Search and Display specialization designation, the agency will not be awarded such designation since people are not certified in those products... meaning they do not know those products. 

Kind Regards,

James