Partners
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Certified with More than One Agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I work with two different agencies. They are each asking for me to become certified. Do I need to take the exams twice - once for each profile/email address? Or is there a way to link my results across multiple accounts?

Thanks!

Lisa

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: Getting Certified with More than One Agency

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Lisa,

basically, one email address per company per all certs. ( no cross linking one email w certs to two different companies)

So in your case, yes you would have to have two different emails, and take all the test under each email, if you wanted to help both agencies.

and yes one person can have as many email address they want, and take as many tests as they want, but only associate ONE email (with tests) to One Company.

Hope that makes sense and is clear for you

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lisa D,

Only one person can be linked to one company at a time. 

You should use one Google account and become certified in as many tests as you wish as a individual. From here,  you can work for as many companies as you wish. However, if they are wanting you to link to their agency for the purpose of them becoming a badged Google Partner, you can only do that for one company. If their only purpose in you being certified is to verify you know AdWords, great... but there is no need to link to their agency. You just need to pass the tests and show them the link to your certifications (you will get that after you pass them as a individual). 

May I suggest that you become certified and then you work to meet the requirements in becoming a badged Google Partner yourself... and then freelance or subcontract yourself to other agencies? Many do this and help other agencies with AdWords and enjoy the freedom, too.

Consider all of this carefully and determine what the best course is for you. Becoming certified is great and will help you better utilize AdWords for clients. Becoming a badged Google Partner is super and quite rewarding, too.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens,

Thank you so much for your speedy and thorough response! I appreciate it.

Based on your response, I realized I should better clarify my position. I am a freelancer, and I am subcontracting with two entirely separate agencies. They do not interact with one another. One is already a badged partner and the other is working towards that goal. 

If I understand you correctly, it sounds as though I cannot certify under each agency even if I have specific company email addresses at each one. Is that correct? I can see how my being individually certified for the already badged partner won't make much of a difference, but is there anything I can do to help the badging-in-process agency?

Thanks again for your help,

Lisa

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Lisa D,

You are very welcome. 

Thanks for the additional info. Google requires one person to be linked to one company for the purpose of certifications. They do not care if one person works for many (endless) companies but they just cannot link to more than one company (per email account) for testing, certifications and Google Partners purposes. 

With that said, if the company that is already badged has enough people certified where removing you would not affect their partner status, you could remove your association with them and link to the agency working to become a badged Google Partner. You would then comply with Google's requirements, and help them become badged. You just never want to be linked to more than one company. When you log into the Google Partners portal (where you test) you will see a tab called My Profile. And here you will see where you are linked to a company. It will only allow you to link to one, which becomes your affiliated company.

There are specific guidelines in becoming a badged Google Partner and we need to all uphold the process to keep it credible and consistent across the entire system.  You might like a recent post I made discussing becoming badged in 2016, since some things have changed. This will help you guide the new company correctly. 

Thanks for working to become certified. Please let us know if we can help with anything further. 

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Lisa,

basically, one email address per company per all certs. ( no cross linking one email w certs to two different companies)

So in your case, yes you would have to have two different emails, and take all the test under each email, if you wanted to help both agencies.

and yes one person can have as many email address they want, and take as many tests as they want, but only associate ONE email (with tests) to One Company.

Hope that makes sense and is clear for you

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Eric Gehler,

That is really something! Support told me in the past this was not possible.

Certainly, I trust your word, but am a bit surprised. 

Thanks for your input with this. 

Kind Regards,

James