Partners
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Expiration Date of Certification vs. Expiration Date of Exam (Adwords Certification Newbie Question)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a soon-to-expire pass on Fundamentals and need to pass a second exam. My simple, basic ("I don't have hours to research and still be confused, thanks in advance") question is... Once I pass the second exam and achieve the Adwords certification, will the date of expiration for the Fundamentals exam be upgraded with the date of Adwords certification, or will the Adwords certification expiration itself be compromised because one of the exams should expire soon?  Basically, if one of my exams expires on Friday and I get a full certification the Tuesday before, when will that exam and the certification itself expire (a year after Tuesday for both, or something else)?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christina C
September 2016

Re: Expiration Date of Certification vs. Expiration Date of Exam (Adwords Certification Newbie Quest

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Christina C,

Each exam is independent of any other exam with respect to expiration dates. Each one is valid  for 12 months from date of completion. One does not renew or affect the other. Each stand on their own accord.

The only catch to this is that if you are a badged Google Partner, then your other exams will show in your Partner profile a expiration date that aligns with your Fundamentals exam. To remain current with being badged, we have to maintain a current Fundamentals + one other (not Analytics). 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christina C
September 2016

Re: Expiration Date of Certification vs. Expiration Date of Exam (Adwords Certification Newbie Quest

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Christina C,

Each exam is independent of any other exam with respect to expiration dates. Each one is valid  for 12 months from date of completion. One does not renew or affect the other. Each stand on their own accord.

The only catch to this is that if you are a badged Google Partner, then your other exams will show in your Partner profile a expiration date that aligns with your Fundamentals exam. To remain current with being badged, we have to maintain a current Fundamentals + one other (not Analytics). 

Kind Regards,

James

Expiration Date of Certification vs. Expiration Date of Exam (Adwords Certification Newbie Question)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Alright.. Thanks, James. So that basically tells me that in order not to spend too much crucial time in studies that won't produce a fast result, I should move on to things I can complete quickly; unless I can ensure passage of both exams around the same time, then passing one while Fundamentals has expired would only result in another year of having passed one exam without obtaining actual certification... We don't get to write exam pass with scores on resumes, now do we? It's fun to be busy Smiley Wink Thanks, again. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Christina C,

You are very welcome. 

Please keep in mind that you do not have to take the exams at the same time, so I would not let that deter you. Many people pass the AdWords Fundamentals exam in September and then pass the Search exam in October, and then, say, the Display exam in December... and so on. 

When this happens, all of the exams are still good for 12 months each. But your personal AdWords Certification expires when Fundamentals expires, and any other exams auto renews for the remainder time on them when Fundamentals is passed again. Another way to see it is that you never lose any months for any of them, they are all good for 12 months, but you do need Fundamentals + one other to be deemed AdWords Certified. But someone that only passes Display and nothing more is Certified in Display Advertising. 

And yes, it is fun to be busy. I am overbooked for months and deep in becoming a Google Rising Star, which compounds things greatly... but in a great way. Same with being certified in AdWords, badged Google Partner, Google Gybo Partner, Google Apps for Work Partner, Google Local Guide... and several others for other platforms (non-Google). It makes sleep less and less of a focus. Robot LOL 

Thanks for visiting Google Partners today and please let us know if we can help with anything further. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for sharing your roadmap to how you make it happen, James. I also enjoyed looking at Mica Specialties. My situation and the situation of some other people out there is different, meaning we need a basic foundation of covered necessities already in place to build upon. It's an emergency kind of busy, not a normal busy. Without going into details, I'll just say there are emergencies in life that will call someone away from something like pursuing studies in early hours and, depending on their situation, sometimes people do need to improve on their presence of mind, body, awareness, and health by getting some more sleep. If you have an imagination, I'm sure you can think up some scenarios. Best of luck with your continued success in this field. I'm off to get some stress relief for a neglected body, which, in certain situations, can definitely be more needed than studying, too. Have a good night.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Christina C,

You are welcome and I appreciate you taking the time to reply, look over my company and add more insight... which is quite valid and important, and something I need to do. Thanks for the reminder about finding a solid balance and caring for ourselves and not just our work and clients. 

Have a great weekend.

Kind Regards,

James