Partners
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Exam Passed Long Ago... Am I Certified?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I passed the certification exam years ago, not sure how many but it's been a while.I have been running mostly small campaigns ever since, and a few larger campaigns, so I don't qualify to be a partner I assume, but wondering who I would ask for verification that I passed the exam. Or since it's so long ago, do I need to take again. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Re: Exam Passed Long Ago... Am I Certified?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @John B,

To be certified you need to have passed an AdWords Fundamentals Exam plus at least one advanced Exam. Most of them expire in 12 months. Based on your above words chances are you are not certified any more.

To verify whether or not you are still certified, login to your Google account and go to https://www.google.com/partners/#p_profile. The My Profile page in your Partners account will come up, just like this one:

Capturedec2.JPG

Hope the above will help.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Re: Exam Passed Long Ago... Am I Certified?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @John B,

To be certified you need to have passed an AdWords Fundamentals Exam plus at least one advanced Exam. Most of them expire in 12 months. Based on your above words chances are you are not certified any more.

To verify whether or not you are still certified, login to your Google account and go to https://www.google.com/partners/#p_profile. The My Profile page in your Partners account will come up, just like this one:

Capturedec2.JPG

Hope the above will help.

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

In addition to Lakatos answer about the the recent certifications, you also need to have 12 months of "Performance" on your client accounts. That 12 month timeline starts from the moment you add them to your Adwords Manager account. You also need to meet the 90 day spend requirement, which you can pass in as little as 60 days if you're spending enough.

Story Time: I'm going through this myself, I started the process of becoming a Google Partner back in June, but I have been managing my client accounts now for about 3.5 years; however, I only obtained these clients because took over for someone who didn't want to do it anymore... and he just logged into each account with a shared username and password that his client set up. So I managed these campaigns for 3 years with that method, but I wanted to bring in new clients, and wanted to become a google partner... Well, I more than met the spend requirements, I passed the exams, but I didn't have a manager account until I started this process of becoming a partner; now the clock on the 12 months of "Performance" isn't complete until June 2017, even though I'll have had these clients for 4 years by that point.

Contrast that with Bing, where I have 4 accounts within BingAds, and I just received an email last week saying I was eligible to be a Bing partner, all I had to do was click a button and agree to some terms. Now I'm a Bing Partner, and didn't even try to be. 

edited for some grammatical errors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Lakatos, thank you very much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Jeff. Appreciate the response.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. I wondered why my certifications weren't showing up in my profile. I'll get them updated.