AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Company and personal email addresses dont sync

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

i passed some exams and got certified using my personal account. Later I added my company email address (which is the one used in our company's MCC) as "company email" and verified it. Also I opt-in for sharing the info with my company. Moreover I set my personal email address as recovery address in my company account.

My understanding was that the certifications earned with my personal account would be shared with my company account to show in the Google Partner pages. After some days could not see any certification associated with the company email, so that I have to affiliate my personal email to let the company certified. I would rather not use my personal email for that. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alez V
1 month ago

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello @Alez V,

Sorry for the delay here, I tried looking for a few hours over the weekend. Sad I cant find a post when needed. When you log into your profile and click edit, in the field that asks for your email, use the one you tested with and where it asks for your company email add your company domain email to the system and press save. That should connect the 2 accounts.  You might look at adding the other email to your My Account under recovery as well so the accounts show a link in the Google system. Sorry for taking so long here. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

View solution in original post

Re: Company and personal email addresses dont sync

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Alez V,

Once you have made all the connections it can take a few days to populate. Below is Email & Profile connection information from the help file to ensure we are not missing anything. 

Profile options: When signing up for Partners, you'll create a profile for yourself and affiliate it with your company's profile. If your company doesn't have a profile, you can create one when signing up. You'll want to create both types of profiles and affiliate them with each other to make sure that your company gets access to all of the benefits of the Partners program.

Email address: Here's some important information to keep in mind when deciding what email address to sign up with: Regularly used email address You'll want to use an email address that you check often. That way, you won't miss out on communications from Partners, such as news, special invitations, promotions, and more. 

Email associated with a Google Account: This can be a Gmail address or non-Gmail address, such as your work email address. If you use a non-Gmail address, make sure that the email address is linked to your Google Account

Access to an AdWords manager account: If you want to be eligible for AdWords promotional offers or plan to create your company's Partners profile, sign up with an email address that has standard or administrative access to an AdWords manager account that contains all of the accounts that you manage. If you don't have access, follow the steps on inviting users to a manager account to get it. If you don't have a manager account, we recommend that you create one with an email address that you'll check often.

Source: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3198387?hl=en

I will try and find the image I created as a sample so we can check your profile settings. Ill update as soon as I find the image. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Spencer_Wade,

thanks. Looking forward to seeing that image.

From your reply I understand that it is indeed possible to share the certifications between personal and company email. Am I assuming right?  I heard different opinions on this matter.

Thanks

Alez

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I didnt forget about you, I tried several times to find the image (Its on a posts here in the community), Ill keep looking and update ASAP. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alez V
1 month ago

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello @Alez V,

Sorry for the delay here, I tried looking for a few hours over the weekend. Sad I cant find a post when needed. When you log into your profile and click edit, in the field that asks for your email, use the one you tested with and where it asks for your company email add your company domain email to the system and press save. That should connect the 2 accounts.  You might look at adding the other email to your My Account under recovery as well so the accounts show a link in the Google system. Sorry for taking so long here. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Spencer_Wade,

thanks. This is what exactly what I did, including setting the recovery email. I was hoping to see the certifications showing up with the company email as well, sadly it seems the system isn't designed to work like that. As a result I had to affiliate my personal email to the company I work for.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Ah snap sorry for all the back an d forth. Either way glad you are connected. Remember when updating in the future if you decide to test under a different email, you could make the change then. Either way thanks for rounding back with the update. Have a great week.