AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Certificate Status

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In 2012 I took the Google Ad words exam and passed. I am now employed at a new company and was asked if I am certified. I explained I was certified in 2012 with my previous employer but do not have a certificate or any material showing I passed. Can you search for certification by name. Thank you. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Certificate Status

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Bridget,

Unfortunately you are not certified if you only took the exam in 2012. The certifications are valid for one year so you have to take them every year to maintain certification status. I am placing a link to the new location where you can sign up for the exam. They are now located in what is called "The Academy for Ads." http://landing.google.com/academyforads/ . Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or help getting  you certified. Cheers - JW

Certificate Status

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Bridget,

Jordan is correct and you should use the information he provided to jump back in to your AdWords education and certifications. Please note that a lot has changed with AdWords (and advertising) since 2012... so it will be vastly different from your last experience. I am certified in every program and I can say it is much more complex and certainly more difficult, too. 

Best wishes,

James