AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Can I add myself as an employee of my company to get the google partners badge?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I would like to apply for the partners badge. My company meets all the requirements, the problem is that I am already admin of my own company account and I am the one dealing with the marketing tasks in my agency. Does it mean that I need to create a separate account on Google to add myself as an employee of my own company?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Luca,

You can qualify your company for the Google Partner designation, yes. 

Your company profile and Google Ads Manager Account should use one email and then you should use another email for your personal profile, Academy for Ads, and Google Ads Manager Account usage. You would then add your personal account to the Google Partner company profile and once all requirements are met, you would get notification of the Google Partner designation. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, in my case both my company, ads manager account and academy for ads are tied to the same account. What's the best way to split the two things, provided that it is permitted?

Re-take the academy for ads certification on a new account?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Luca,

I would simply create a personal email address and connect it to your Google Partner company profile... then sign up to Academy for Ads with the new personal email account, take (and pass) at least Fundamentals and one other (Search, Display, Mobile, Video or Shopping) Google Ads certification... and you're all set! 

Kind Regards,

James