AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics IQ Certification -Expiration

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have to retake the IQ exam in about 2 days...I believe I can pass it, but would like to spend a bit more time study...There's so much to learn and I'm building a site and apply my Analytics training to help me create a successful business...Now I say all that to say, I'd rather keep building my site and take the exam in about a month...

Will I still be able to call myself a "partner"?...Do you have to pass the IQ to be partner?...I hope this makes sense...Any hoo, all the best and thanks in advance for your answers.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrienne W
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Adrienne W,

I would say pause your building and dive into the test, you can have it done in an hour and move back into your design. Lets see what others say, but if it were me, I would just test to ensure certification stays in place.

As far as partners, check out The Partner badge to learn more about the Partner title and how to get and keep status. 

Hope this helps! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrienne W
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Adrienne W,

I would say pause your building and dive into the test, you can have it done in an hour and move back into your design. Lets see what others say, but if it were me, I would just test to ensure certification stays in place.

As far as partners, check out The Partner badge to learn more about the Partner title and how to get and keep status. 

Hope this helps! 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

I agree with Spencer and would only add that the Google Analytics IQ (GAIQ) exam is a not a requirement of being a badged Google Partner. AdWords is but Analytics is not... although I can't image not being certified in Analytics with the work we all do. 

Happy coding... and happy testing. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I paused...and I failed by one point...Oh well...Will do it again...Found out something important from all this though...I'm not a partner...Thanks for your response...Most helpful!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

thanks for your input...See may response to Spencer...I failed the certification by 1 point...Will keep trying...Shows you really never can be to sure of our abilities...Best to do your best and try try again when you don't succeed...All the best to you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ah snap, that's super close, take a few to restudy and press go, you got this! 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

You are right, I too have missed a test by one, only to ace it the second time around so prep and press go, I am rooting for you! 

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Had to fill you in Spencer...I feel like you were a major source of encouragement for me...Just passed the certification...I got 60 out of 70...It's a good thing...I did notice that my certification expires in 12 months, not 1.5 years...Is this new?  Any hoo, thanks for the encouragement...All the best to you!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Awesome... Thanks for rounding back with the update! You PASSED! Nice work! @Adrienne W

The Help File ShowsKeeping your individual qualification current: To keep your individual qualification current, you'll need to successfully pass the assessment every 18 months.

I will update my Analytics test this week and report back on if I see the 18 months or the 12 that you are seeing. I will update afterwords! 

Congrats again on getting things done! 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

All the best to you on the test...Look forward to seeing if you have to renew in a year...or is it still 18 months.

P.S.:  Mr. Clemens, I think you kindly as well...Your input was help and much appreciated!