AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2K members online now
2K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords certification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I finished all the tests under "get adwords certified" but when I go to my profile it doesn't show that I am adwords certified. It's been well over 5 days since I've taken them and I was wondering why it hasn't shown up? Can someone screen grab what their "adwords certified" looks like on their profile page so I can see? I did the tests before I signed up as a parter (my mistake) could that be a reason as to why it won't show that I am adwords certified? Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shinyoung P
April

Re: Adwords certification

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

Log in to your Academy for Ads account and then click on your profile image in the upper right hand corner and then click My Profile. At this point you will the listing of your Awards: certifications and More Awards: competencies.

a-f-ads.jpg

From here you can click on each one and see more about them and save them to your computer and print them, share them... whatever. 

What exams did you take? Can you provide a screenshot? 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Academy for ads and certification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I finished all the tests under "get adwords certified" but when I go to my profile it doesn't show that I am adwords certified. It's been well over 5 days since I've taken them and I was wondering why it hasn't shown up? Can someone screen grab what their "adwords certified" looks like on their profile page so I can see? I did the tests before I signed up as a parter (my mistake) could that be a reason as to why it won't show that I am adwords certified? Thank you!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shinyoung P
April

Re: Adwords certification

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

Log in to your Academy for Ads account and then click on your profile image in the upper right hand corner and then click My Profile. At this point you will the listing of your Awards: certifications and More Awards: competencies.

a-f-ads.jpg

From here you can click on each one and see more about them and save them to your computer and print them, share them... whatever. 

What exams did you take? Can you provide a screenshot? 

Kind Regards,

James

Academy for ads and certification

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

">>"but when I go to my profile it doesn't show that I am AdWords certified.

Which profile are you referring to? The partners or Academy for Ads?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Adwords certification

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Moshe,

I merged Shinyoung threads for lack of confusion. 

Cheers,

James

Adwords certification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same question... There is a certificate showing I passed Fundamentals and a certificate showing I passed Search. 

So I'm wondering since I have done what is required to be AdWords Certified, where is my "AdWords Certified" certificate? Like, I would like to post this certificate on my social media / LinkedIn as proof of completion. 

Thanks!

Adwords certification

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Lindsey,

Congratulations on becoming certified in AdWords Search advertising. 

Please note that you are not certified in AdWords... as you are certified in AdWords Search only. The Fundamentals is a core competency exam that qualifies the individual AdWords certifications. You would have to be certified in all AdWords products to be "technically" AdWords certified, to which, you would have each individual certificate like you do now for Search. There is nothing provided at this time but we are working on getting something more (with no idea when).

Kind Regards,

James

Adwords certification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Thank you so much for your reply - I really appreciate your time!

I am a little confused now though... As per everything I have read, including https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3154326?hl=en , "To become AdWords certified, you need to pass the AdWords Fundamentals assessment and one of the additional advertising assessments that are available through Academy for Ads".

I am reading that as needing to pass Fundamentals and only one of the other 5 exam options. Would you mind clarifying for me? Have there been changes I am missing?

Thank you again!

Adwords certification

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Lindsey,

You are very welcome. 

Anyone must pass Fundamentals + one of the additional advertising assessments to be certified in that specific AdWords product. It does not mean pass Fundamentals and one assessment... as in: "take your pick, and pass one to be certified in them all." Someone that has passed Fundamentals and Search is far from certified in AdWords. Search is not Display, Mobile, Video, Shopping... as those are vastly different and challenging exams and products to master. 

Someone that is certified in Search is simply a certified individual with AdWords Search. They cannot state they are AdWords Certified as AdWords encompasses so much more. It would be like putting cheese in the oven and calling it a pizza. Whoa, wait... stuff is missing to call it a pizza pie. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Adwords certification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

That makes so much more sense. Wow. I thought it sounded too easy!! HA! 

That is definitely not how I understood it from everything I read on "how to become AdWords certified". They might want to be a little more clear on that! ha

Goodness... I'm embarrassed! 

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it!

Off to complete the study modules for the rest of them! Smiley Happy