AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Adword certification certificate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've noticed quite a bit of confusion when it comes to being AdWords certified with the new Academy for Ads. Looking back pre the changes in Jan 2018, you would get a certificate saying you are AdWords certified

Like this for example - AdWords Certification

There also seems to be confusion when google says:

"To become AdWords certified, you need to pass the AdWords Fundamentals assessment and one of the additional advertising assessments that are available through Academy for Ads. The additional assessments are Search Advertising, Display Advertising, Mobile Advertising, Video Advertising, and Shopping Advertising."

Looks like the case is you'll need to complete all courses under Google AdWords in order to be certified, i.e.:

• Adwords Fundamentals
  • Adwords Mobile Cert
  • Search Cert
  • Display Cert
  • Video Cert
  • Shopping Cert

Upon completion of all this, would you then be awarded the certificate? Or has it changed to where your certification is only displayed in your Academy for Ads account (not formal certificate like the one above)

I see many people looking to find out about this very detail so I'm wondering the same thing.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Adword certification certificate

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lucas,

I have requested for the wording to be adjusted to bring better clarity. 

If you pass Search + Fundamentals, you are certified in AdWords Search and nothing more. When you do this, you are presented with the Search certificate within your Academy for Ads profile that you can share wherever you wish to. There is nothing more presented at this time. 

To be certified in another AdWords product, you would pass that assessment and have a valid Fundamentals exam passed, as well. 

Kind Regards,

James