AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
5K members online now
5K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Fundamentals Gone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I completed the Fundamentals exam in November and then completed the Digital Sales, Search, and Display Advertising exams successfully. I need to complete the remainder of the exams by the end of January (URGENT), but every time I go to the Video Advertising course it tells me I need to complete the prerequisite AdWords Fundamentals course and exam. I was in the middle of preparing for the Video exam when the transition to Academy happened, therefore I've worked my way through nearly half the course - and now can no longer access it.

When I look up my certifications in the Partners page, it has all the correct exams completed listed - as does my Academy profile. Do I have to retake the Fundamentals exam?

Help me out please?

Sumaan 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sumaan K
January

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Sumaan K,

So I dont send you in circles it sounds like you were right in the middle of the update. I personally would email the Team and have them take a quick look at your account to ensure you are not missing anything. 

Q: Who should I contact if I have a question about the Academy for Ads site or any of the training courses? A: If you have questions or run into any issues, just contact us and our team will follow up within 24 hours.

To me emailing them would be best! Congrats on all the updates and keep us posted on the outcome will help others. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sumaan K
January

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Sumaan K,

So I dont send you in circles it sounds like you were right in the middle of the update. I personally would email the Team and have them take a quick look at your account to ensure you are not missing anything. 

Q: Who should I contact if I have a question about the Academy for Ads site or any of the training courses? A: If you have questions or run into any issues, just contact us and our team will follow up within 24 hours.

To me emailing them would be best! Congrats on all the updates and keep us posted on the outcome will help others. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I emailed them as soon as I had the issue, just waiting on any return from the help desk.

Thanks for your response.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sumaan. Just wondering if / how your issue got resolved ?

I am new to Academy for Ads. Completed my 'Adwords Fundamentals assessment' yesterday (passed it). Now, when I click on 'Search advertising assessment' if says I need to complete the pre-requisite - Fundamentals assessment first.

Strangely under Library > History > it shows 'Fundamentals assessment' - as cleared. 

Am stuck on this one. Dunno how to proceed. Have dropped a mail to google support regarding the same just now. Awaiting a response from them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Saurabh, issue is resolved. I just changed the language in my settings from English (USA), to English (UK) and it allowed me to study the material and take the exams. However, it did not allow me to do the interactive courses prior to the exams - had to do it all old school (ish).

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thank you for rounding back with what worked @Sumaan K

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sumaan. Thanks for the reply. Tried changing the language but the issue still persists.

If I click on 'Adwords Search Certification' exam :

1. Asks me to complete pre-requisite (Fundamentals assessment) which I already did yesterday. It also shows in the account history as 'passed'.
2. Can't access the course content that appears with each assessment (in my case for Search Certification)

So basically cant access the course content nor appear for 'Search assessment'as it prompts to clear the pre-requisite (fundamentals exam) which I cleared yesterday.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@saurabh k,

We just saw this last week, I am not sure if this is tied to the 1st test but there seems to be a lag in taking the fundamentals and the system catching up to enable the next test bank. I hate saying this but maybe give it a full day or more to catch up. Logging completely in and out might help clear up cache and could speed things up but last week a user reported this same issue. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Spencer.

I guess I'll wait a day or two. Shall update once it gets back on track. This is such an unwanted lag if one wants to complete the same in a shorter window.
Had tried logging in and out, clearing the cache as well. It didn't work. Also tried changing the language to English (UK) as Sumaan had suggested (seemed like an absurd solution) but it didn't work as well. It worked for him though. 

Lets see how soon it gets resolved. Have already written to the support team, might as well hear from them. 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Nice work on writing the team and thanks for being so understanding! @saurabh k