AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Certification not showing up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have completed the Adwords fundamentals test as well as the display test.  I have passed them both but I still do not see the certification.  I have seperate certifications for both but not the main one.  Is there not a main certification?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Mark N,

Congrats on getting things done.  You should be able to access your certificate via your Academy of Ads profile. When logged in click the picture icon top right and click my profile to see your certifications. Once there click on the icon in question and you should see your past certificate. It can take a week or so to update at times.

Main help file for certs for your records, might be worth digging in. Lets see what others say but the links above should get you started. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I look at my profile it only shows AdWords Display Certification and AdWords Fundamentals separately.  Am I correct that there should be a combined one as well?  It has only been a few days so maybe it takes a week like you mentioned.  

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mark,

To expand on Spencer's great reply...

No, they would never be combined. The AdWords Fundamentals exam is not a certification but a core competency that validates the individual product certifications (Search, Display, Mobile, Video, Shopping). No one is certified in AdWords Fundamentals, ever. And there is no AdWords Certification... only certification with the individual products. At your current place in time, you are certified in AdWords Display advertising and will be as long as the certification is valid. 

Hope this helps. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I guess I'm confused about the certification because it said you need to pass fundamentals and one of the other areas (display in my case) to actually get the AdWords certification.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Mark,

You do need to pass Fundamentals and one other to be certified in AdWords... in that specific product, which for you is Display. That is what they are saying and that is what I am saying. If you only pass Display (and not Fundamentals) you would not be certified in anything. And being certified in AdWords Display means just that... you are certified in AdWords Display advertising and you get a certification that says Display on it. 

With that logic... please read my previous reply and this current one and apply them collectively. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I have a similar issue.

I passed Search Fundamentals and Search Advertising Assessment. 

However, only Search Fundamentals certification is showing up.

How do i resolve this issue?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello @Sasha M,

Usually takes a few days or more to populate in the system, when did you pass the assessments? 

Also if you can provide a screenshot of what you see we can dig into the issue more. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: AdWords Certification not showing up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I've passed it yesterday, June 24th. I can see it in history, it says "Search Advertising Assessment - Passed 96%". 

Should I wait till tomorrow and contact you again if certificate is still not visible in my account?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

I would give it a few days so the system catches up! Congrats on the pass! Keep us posted on the update!