AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Check here for refresher Hangout on Air videos, study guides and certification questions.
Guide Me
star_border

Academy for Ads and Partner Certifications

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All, 

I am very much enjoying the new interface for Academy for Ads - I think it's encouraging partners like us to learn, rather than just get certified. That said, I'm concerned that my certifications are in danger of being lost, even as I pass exams in Academy for Ads, and I'm hoping to get some clarification on the new structure, and the new emphasis to complete my Google Partners stuff in the Academy for Ads. 

• Transfer certifications from Partners to Academy for Ads - this has gone well!  My certifications carried over to Academy for Ads. 
  • Certifications in Academy for Ads are not reflected in my Google Partners accounts: 
    • Is this by design? 
    • Is it okay to allow my certifications in the Google Partners Dashboard to expire? 
    • WIll it reflect poorly on my Agency, Adpearance, that my certifications in Google Partners have expired? 
  • Google Partner Public Profile - just a heads up, I had a link to my Public Google Partners profile in my LinkedIn account and have removed it. It would be awesome if there was a way to publically show my Google Certifications. What I may do is host the printable certifications on my personal blog. - Just a thought, but would love to hear how you all are addressing it. 

Thanks for your help community! Appreciate your insights. 

- Nate 

Portland, Oregon, USA 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nathan C
January

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nate,

It's great to hear that you have jumped in with Academy for Ads and see value in the change. While everything is being worked on, please give us a few more weeks to get everything sorted out and provide answers to all of your questions.

I can tell you that right around January 16th, exams will no longer be taken at Google Partners and will be only studied for and taken at Academy for Ads. So, yes you will let your certifications over at Google Partners expire. Take them at Academy for Ads. The team does understand our need to have these new certifications link to our badged Google Partner profiles...and they will be. No one wants your agency (or any others) to be reflected poorly on and so rest-assured things will get sorted out soon. 

The public/shareable certification link from Google Partners should work through the end of January and by then there should be a new way in place from Academy for Ads to share again. You are welcome to share the certification images as you suggest or wait for the new solution to be presented. 

Thanks for being a badged Google Partner and taking interest in training and certifications.

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nathan C
January

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nate,

It's great to hear that you have jumped in with Academy for Ads and see value in the change. While everything is being worked on, please give us a few more weeks to get everything sorted out and provide answers to all of your questions.

I can tell you that right around January 16th, exams will no longer be taken at Google Partners and will be only studied for and taken at Academy for Ads. So, yes you will let your certifications over at Google Partners expire. Take them at Academy for Ads. The team does understand our need to have these new certifications link to our badged Google Partner profiles...and they will be. No one wants your agency (or any others) to be reflected poorly on and so rest-assured things will get sorted out soon. 

The public/shareable certification link from Google Partners should work through the end of January and by then there should be a new way in place from Academy for Ads to share again. You are welcome to share the certification images as you suggest or wait for the new solution to be presented. 

Thanks for being a badged Google Partner and taking interest in training and certifications.

Kind Regards,

James 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey James, 

Great answers! I'll be on the lookout for updates and additional info through January. Thanks for all this info! 

- Nate 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Nate,

You are very welcome. Have a super great week... and a even better 2018! Smiley Happy

Cheers,

James

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Zero of my 9 badges transferred to the new Academy for ads site even after requested that they be transferred 3 times. 

Glad it worked for some one.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

I am happy someone had it work for them. Zero of my 9 certs nor my partner badge made it over to the new Academy For Ads. When i contacted Google they said it will take 8 months to be transferred over. So total PITA process. Now I have no public profile with Certs on A4ads. Totally bummed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did this ever get resolved for you? None of mine made it either.

Re: Academy for Ads and Partner Certifications

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi David, 

My active certifications did transfer over. Check out this screen grab: 

Certifications Transfer.JPG 

Also to note, my search certification transferred over for a time, then I lost the "check mark" when it expired a couple months ago. 

Hope this helps! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I should have asked about the public profile to share on Linkedin.  Sorry.

Thanks for replying though.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi David, 

Still no public profile as of yet. We are able to print the certifications from the Academy, but there's no public landing page to share your certs that I'm seeing as of yet.

Hopefully as indicated in the response from James, it should be in the works. 

Good reminder though! 

- Nate