1.8K members online now
Not sure where to post? Let's talk small business! Be sure to visit each week for the latest Office Hours discussion.
Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

Small Business Office Hours: Writing a Business Plan

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Office Hours Update.jpg

Welcome to our Small Business Office Hours!

Each week, we’ll create a new discussion post here in the community focusing on a specific topic relevant to small business owners. We encourage you to ask any questions or discuss any aspect of this topic; our Advisors will be on hand to provide expert advice and tips to help you succeed. This week's topic is:

Writing a Business Plan for Your Small Biz

Did you know that December is National Write a Business Plan Month? According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, a business plan is, “an essential roadmap for business success.” Many small business owners think of a business plan solely as an outline for getting started with their small business, but in reality it’s a document that will be regularly updated as your business grows with learnings from your experiences and projections for the future. A business plan can help spell out what your business has to offer and identify the right target market for your product or services.

Have any questions about writing a business plan? Let’s get this started!

For some ideas and inspiration, we recommend checking out the following articles:

5 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Small Business Office Hours: Writing a Business Plan

Google Small Business Advisor
# 2

@Brielle B - great list of resources. Having the right information before you start a business, will save tons of time and money. I'm a huge fan of SCORE, as well as the SBA.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

The SBA has an interactive business plan template that assists you in creating your business plan 

# 4

Great tips! So important to have a plan. I just recently put together a mini biz plan template for a client. I'll be sure to send this link over as well. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

These are really helpful resources, Brielle. I encourage anyone seeking to start a business to dig in and absorb it all... then come back here to the Google Small Business community for further insights and ideas. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Don't forget, Small Business owners can visit their local Small Business Development Center (SBDC) office for FREE and confidential assistance for starting their small business or for help with an existing business.  There are SBDC offices in every state; we are non-profit and overseen by the SBA.  I run the Newberry Area SBDC located at Newberry College, in South Carolina.  There are 21 SBDC offices in South Carolina alone. We help our clients with business plans, research, lending, marketing, export, manufacturing, really any facet of the business.  We depend on word of mouth to market our services - so please help spread the word so we can help more small business owners!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great tips! So important to have a plan. I just recently put together a mini biz plan template for a client. I'll be sure to send this link over as well. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank u for allowing me in your circle. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The plan is effecting to youth to power

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd love to see this smaller template!  I have a great template at the SBDC - it is VERY thorough, which is great for complex businesses, but sometimes my smaller businesses get overwhelmed with it.  Is is a template you would be ok sharing with me to use at the Newberry Area SBDC?

Experts in the Topic
MikeJohnston
J Clemens
Tierra W
BrandonSchaefer
Brielle B