Small Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Not sure where to post? Let's talk small business! Be sure to visit each week for the latest Office Hours discussion.
Guide Me
star_border

Redirect a deleted email address?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I would like to know if there is any way to redirect a deleted business email account. I've removed an email account for a team member who was working for 2+ years, and have seen that her email address doesn't have any response email to advise the email account is no longer active, and I can't see any way to redirect it to my account. Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

Rachel

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel J
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rachel,

You have two business days to possibly recover the email account. Once that elapses, the account is gone and you cannot control actions with it ever again. Please keep in mind that two days is not set in stone, hours matter... 47 hours is more likely than 48. It's that touchy. 

You can try by visiting the Google sign in page with all other Google accounts logged out. Use the "I'm having other problems signing in'" option. Enter your deleted email address, and click "Continue." Enter the old email address and old password and follow the prompts. 

If that does not work, you can attempt to recreate the old address, although that is usually not possible. 

All the Best,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel J
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rachel,

You have two business days to possibly recover the email account. Once that elapses, the account is gone and you cannot control actions with it ever again. Please keep in mind that two days is not set in stone, hours matter... 47 hours is more likely than 48. It's that touchy. 

You can try by visiting the Google sign in page with all other Google accounts logged out. Use the "I'm having other problems signing in'" option. Enter your deleted email address, and click "Continue." Enter the old email address and old password and follow the prompts. 

If that does not work, you can attempt to recreate the old address, although that is usually not possible. 

All the Best,

James

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3
Google Small Business Advisor

Hi there, Rachel,

I'm Ray S., one of the Google Small Business Advisors here in the Google Small Business community, and here to help as best as I can. Pleased to meet you.

I agree with @James_Clemens, to act fast and hopefully you can resolve regaining access. 

Another couple questions for additional options:

- Is this within G Suite?

- Or, is this a Gmail for Work (https://www.google.com/gmail/about/for-work/) email account?

Thanks,

Ray S.

Google Small Business Advisor (Productivity)

Re: Redirect a deleted email address?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks James Smiley Happy

Re: Redirect a deleted email address?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ray

This is for Gmail for work. 

Thanks