Small Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Not sure where to post? Let's talk small business! Be sure to visit each week for the latest Office Hours discussion.
Guide Me

Looking for some help managing multiple you tube accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

About a year and a half ago I created a second YouTube page for a new business that I had started. Everything has been working smooth with the two videos that were uploaded (when I setup the account). Now I need to upload a new video and I realized that I have no idea how to get back into the second account I created...

I admittedly made a big mistake not recording how I set up that second YouTube account. I have no clue if I made a new Google account or what.. All I know right now is that the YouTube account exists.. 

If anyone has any advice on recovering a YouTube account only using the account name/channel name (as it appears on YouTube) I would be majorly appreciative!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Looking for some help managing multiple you tube accounts

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

To use a Google product such as YouTube, you do have to create a Google account. A Google account can use any type of email, not just a Gmail address... so you would need to think back at all of the email accounts you have used since the YouTube video went live. 

Since privacy and security is highly important to Google, you cannot simply provide a video or channel to Google and say let me in... or who controls this? You will have to go to log in screen for a Google Account and try your emails and see if you guess it correctly. You have to recover the Google account associated with YouTube to be successful. 

Here is your start:

All the Best,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile