Small Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Not sure where to post? Let's talk small business! Be sure to visit each week for the latest Office Hours discussion.
Guide Me
star_border

How do you stay relevant?

[ Edited ]
Google Small Business Advisor
# 1
Google Small Business Advisor

I'd like to know how you stay relevant and in front of your customers when they're not in the market to buy anything? Share what you do, and please include some examples.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

On social networks? Well, being in the web business gives me an ever changing and evolving selection of topics to talk about on social networks and in blog posts. I think most industries are at least something like that (from the perspective of a business owner).

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

As a start - I'd recommend taking a dive into some Inbound Marketing.

The strategies are around a 'pull' rather than 'push' approach and directly related to staying relevant and being in front of your customers, even when they're not necessarily 'in the market to buy'.

At the core is to always be thinking of ways to provide value to your customer throughout the stages of their buyer journey.

1. Start by identifying your highest value customers - what do they look like?

2. If not 'in market', then what stage of the buyers journey are they at? Awareness, Consideration, Decision? (or post-purchase?)

Based on your highest value customers (or 'personas'), and what stages you want to target, consider what types of content and which channels (social media, blogging, EDMs etc.) are likely to be most effective in terms of providing value and giving those customers the answers they need at the right time.